Direct Marketing


Agricultural Commissioner Sealer of Weights and Measures

Greg Clark, Agricultural Commissioner Sealer of Weights and Measures

Farmers' Markets & direct marketing

Farmers' Market TomotaoesThe Napa County Agricultural Commissioner verifies and registers producers of agricultural products who sell directly to the consumer either at the site of production or at a farmer's market. Anyone who wishes to sell at a farmer's market must obtain a Certified Producers Certificate from the Agricultural Commissioner in the county where the produce was grown.

The purpose of direct marketing is to allow producers of agricultural commodities to sell directly to the public, without having to go through a produce broker. Since 1985, there has been phenomenal growth in the number of farmer's markets in California as the public has enthusiastically supported the opportunity to buy directly from the farmer


Farmers' Markets in Napa County:  

American Canyon Farmers' Market: Sundays - May through October - 9 am-1 pm - Phillip West Aquatic Center - 100 Benton Way, American Canyon

Calistoga Farmers’ Market: Saturdays - Year Round - 9:00 am–1:00 pm- Sharpsteen Museum Plaza, 1399 Washington Street, Calistoga

Farmers’ Market at Long Meadow Ranch: Fridays - Sundays 9 am – 1 pm - 738 Main Street, St Helena 

Napa Downtown Napa Farmers’ Markets: Tuesdays & Saturdays - May through October - 8 am–12:30 pm - South Napa Century Center, 195 Gasser Drive, Napa
St. Helena Farmers’ Market: Fridays - May through October - 7:30 am–12 pm- Crane Park, 360 Crane Ave. St. Helena

Selling at a Farmers' Market 

If you wish to sell fruits, nuts, vegetables, eggs, honey or flowers that you produce at a certified farmers' market, you must complete an online application form for a Certified Producer's Certificate (CPC) on the California Department of Food and Agriculture's website. 

New Cerified Producer's Certificates (CPCs)

If you are new to producing fruits, nuts, vegetables, eggs, honey or flowers in Napa County and have never been issued a Certified Producer's Certificate in Napa County, click here to begin your new application for a Certified Producer's Certificate. Please use this helpful step-by-step instructions for filling out the CPC application.

Existing Certifed Producer's Certificates (CPCs)

Use this link if you need to update or make any changes to your existing CPC. Please use this helpful step-by-step instructions for filling out the CPC application.

Egg Handler Registration

If you wish to sell eggs please visit the CDFA egg safety and quality management program website. Here you will find the Egg Handler Registration Application, the California Shell Egg Regulation Guide, and the Shell Egg Handler Information packet.

Culinary Gardens as Approved Source

If you have a culinary garden and wish to sell directly to restaurants or members of the public you mush be an "Approved Source". The concept is simple: Food that will be used to serve the public must be protected from contamination at all staged of the process, and the approval process allows officials to "trace back" a food product to its source if a health-related problem occurs. A grower or gardener who wants to be an approved source must complete the application with Environmental Management. Follow this link for approved source criteria and application.