Inmates to Outside
Those inmates who are without funds will be provided with at least two (2) postage paid envelopes each week to permit correspondence with family members and friends, but, there is no limitation on the number of postage-free letters to their attorney and/or to the courts. Inmates with funds will be allowed to purchase stamped envelopes allowing mailing of letters to family and other associates
Outside to Inmates
Inmates at NCDC may receive mail via the U.S. postal system. The address to reach an inmate is:
(Inmate Full Name)
c/o Napa County Department of Corrections
1125 Third St.
Napa, CA 94559
All magazines, books, newspapers, and any other literature must be sent from the publisher
- No hardcover books are allowed in the facility, please do not purchase.
- Paperback books must be mailed directly from: Barnes and Nobel
- Note: Book size is limited to 8 1/2" x 11"
Magazines and newspapers must be sent from the publishers.
- Must not be larger than 8 1/2" x 11"
- Cards containing sound-making devices are prohibited.
- Only photographs that do not have a backing capable of concealing contraband
- No Polaroid or mounted pictures will be accepted.
- Maximum size of pictures is 5" X 7"
Any mail which has the following characteristics will be considered contraband:
- Polaroid pictures
- Excess foreign substances
- Cash, checks, money orders, or cashier checks
- Note: cash or personal checks will be returned to the sender
- Mail containing potential security issues or evidence of a potential crime will be confiscated and forwarded to the Watch Commander.
- Nude photographs, pornography, or materials judged likely to offend a particular person or group including pictures or drawings of friends, relatives or acquaintances.
All illegal contraband will be forwarded to the Watch Commander for the appropriate action, including, but, not limited to the preparation of an incident/crime report and/or notification of the postal authorities. A copy of the report will be forwarded to the inmate unless the Watch Commander determines that such report needs to be handled confidentially. All mail determined to be contraband will be returned marked "Return to Sender" with a return to sender document showing the reason for the determination that the mail contains contraband.
Claim for Lost Property e-form