Frequently Asked Questions


Agricultural Commissioner Sealer of Weights and Measures

Greg Clark, Agricultural Commissioner Sealer of Weights and Measures

Ag Commissioner's Frequently Asked Questions

Click on the question to reveal the answer.

Do I need a certificate, permit or license before I can purchase a pesticide for use on my own property?
Do I need to submit a Pesticide Use Report? When are Use Reports due in your office?
How often must training occur?
If I have concerns about nearby pesticide use, what can I do?
How do insect traps benefit our county?
What if I do not want to have a trap on my property?
Why is the Glassy-winged Sharpshooter a threat to Napa County?
Why is Napa County so concerned about the Glassy-winged Sharpshooter when it is only a threat to vineyards?
What is Napa County doing to stop the spread of the Glassy-Winged Sharpshooter?
What can I do to prevent Glassy-winged Sharpshooter from entering Napa County?
Where can I find information about ant control and ant bait stations?
Where can I send my plant or soil sample to be tested for disease and/or deficiencies?
Where do I go to have a plant or weed identified?
Where do I go to have an insect identified?