Visitation Orders


District Attorney's OfficeAllison Haley, District Attorney

Allison Haley headshot

Visitation Orders

What to do if the visitation orders are not being followed

If a visitation order is being violated by the temporary withholding of the child, or by not meeting the specific terms of the order, you may bring a civil contempt action for violation of your Court Order. This is done by filing an Order to Show Cause Re: Contempt at the Family Law Courts. You will be required to go back into court and present your case to the Judge.

If another person takes, entices away, keeps, withholds, or conceals a child and maliciously deprives you of your right to visitation, you may file a report with the local police. The police will forward a copy of their report to the Child Abduction Unit (CAU). You will need to provide a copy of your court orders to the police officer.

Contact the Child Abduction Unit in your County. The number for Napa County is (707) 253-4356.