Napa County's elected officials, appointed officials and staff are committed to transparency on compensation. To make it easier to find a comprehensive set of information on pay and benefits, this Compensation Information page has been developed.
Napa County timely provides information on salary and other benefits to the State Controller’s Office each year in compliance with Government Code section 53891. The information provided by Napa County for calendar years 2009-2015 is available online here.
Board of Supervisors
Supervisors Brad Wagenknecht, Ryan Gregory, Diane Dillon, Alredo Pedroza, and Belia Ramos are each paid $7,519 monthly.
Benefits available to the Board of Supervisors
Below are the monthly salaries and benefits of elected officials as of December 31, 2016.
Assessor-Recorder/County Clerk John Tuteur is paid $15,250 monthly
Auditor-Controller Tracy Schulze is paid $15,094 monthly
District Attorney Allison Haley is paid $18,261 monthly
Treasurer-Tax Collector Tamie Frasier is paid $14,666 monthly
Sheriff-Coroner John Robertson is paid $18,231 monthly
Benefits available to Elected Officials
Below are the monthly salaries and benefits of appointed officials as of December 17, 2016.
- Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer of Weights & Measures Greg Clark* is paid $13,754 monthly
- Chief Probation Officer Mary Butler is paid $14,773 monthly
- County Counsel Minh Tran* is paid $20,271 monthly
- County Executive Officer Leanne Link is paid $20,985 monthly
- Director of Child Support Services Janet Nottley is paid $14,160 monthly
- Director of Corrections Lenard Vare is paid $14,160 monthly
- Director of Planning, Building and Environmental Services David Morrison is paid $17,392 monthly
- Director of Health & Human Services Howard Himes is paid $17,508 monthly
- Director of Public Works Steven Lederer is paid $16,598 monthly
- Director of Library Services Danis Kreimeier is paid $13,173 monthly
- Public Defender Ronald Abernethy paid $18,065 monthly
*Have individual contracts that are approved by the Board of Supervisors
Benefits available to Appointed Officials
All Napa County Classifications and Benefits
County employees are represented by two employee groups which agree to compensation terms through the use of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- SEIU Local 1021-NAPE
- Deputy Sheriff's Association
Follow this link to the MOU page containing the full agreements with each of the above employee groups.
Follow this link to view a complete list of all Napa County job descriptions and corresponding salaries.
Below are benefits summaries for each Napa County employee group: