After sentencing


Victim ServicesOffice of the District Attorney

family therapy

After Sentencing

If you are a victim of a crime and the offender is under the supervision of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR), you have the right to request:


Upon an inmate’s:

  • Release
  • Death   
  • Escape   
  • Transfer   
  • Parole status/hearing  
  • Special Conditions of Parole  

A victim’s request for special conditions of parole, will be considered by the Parole & Community Services Division at the time of release.


A Direct Order of restitution awarded by the sentencing judge may be collected on behalf of the victim of the crime for any economic loss; medical, funeral expenses, or counseling.

Request for Victim Services (CDCR 1707) 

If you are the victim of crime, victim's next of kin, witness or concerned citizen, you may use CDCR Form 1707 to request notification of the status of the adult inmate in prison, request special conditions of parole for the inmate when he/she is released from prison, or provide the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) with your contact information so that any court-ordered restitution collected by the prison can be sent to you.Contact the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation for more information