Caregiver permit FAQ


Comprehensive Services for Older AdultsHealth and Human Services Agency

Napa County's Caregiver Permit ordinance is the first of its kind in the State. To find out more about the program visit Napa County's program pages or the website of Area Agency on Aging Serving Napa and Solano.


Do I need a permit?
Are there exceptions to the rules?
Do employees of caregiver agencies have permits?
Are family members included?
How much does it cost?
Where do I apply?
Why do we need this?
What if I want to hire someone who doesn’t pass the background check?
Do I have to apply in person?
What do I do if someone I know needs one and doesn’t have one?
What are the potential consequences of not having a permit?