| How to Apply for Medi-Cal/CMSP
To get an application:
- Call (707) 253-4511 to have an application sent to you
- Visit one of two locations: 2751 Napa Valley Corporate Drive Building A in Napa or 4381 Broadway in American Canyon to complete an application
- Apply online at C4Yourself.com
Instructions for completing the application are provided. It is important to answer every question. If you need help, call (707) 253-4511.
After completing the application, either return it to the local office by mail or in person.
What to include with your application:
For faster service, include the following with the application:
- Proof of the identity of the head of household
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Nationalization and identification for all applicants. Go to http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/medi-cal/pages/dra.aspx.
- Social Security number for each person for whom application is made
- Proof of income (paystubs, tax return for self-employed, unemployment or disability benefits)
- Proof of the value of real and personal property (bank accounts, life insurance, vehicle registrations)
- An eligibility worker (EW) will be assigned to process each application. If additional documents or proof of circumstances are needed, the EW will request them via mail.
- The applicant will receive a letter, called a Notice of Action, letting him/her know if benefits have been approved or denied.
- The County has 45 days to process an application for Medi-Cal/CMSP. If the applicant requests a disability determination, the process may take up to 90 days depending upon how quickly the applicant provides information and the doctors and hospitals submit medical records.
- If the applicant disagrees with any action taken by the County, there is an appeals process known as a State Hearing. Look on the back of the Notice of Action for information on how to request a State Hearing.