Treasury Oversight Committee
The Napa County Treasury Oversight Committee is responsible for the review of the Treasurer's Investment Policy. The committee also calls for an annual compliance audit of the Treasurer's investment operations, and reviews those findings. At the committee meetings, the Treasurer's investment reports are reviewed, as well as any current topics that concern investments or investment policy.
In 1996, the Napa County Board of Supervisors enacted a Resolution adopting CA Government Code section 27130 et seq, creating the Napa County Treasury Oversight Committee. The committee members are nominated by the Treasurer and confirmed by the Board of Supervisors.
The committee consists of 5 voting members:
- the County Auditor-Controller
- a representative appointed by the County Board of Supervisors
- the County Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee
- a representative selected by a majority of the presiding officers of the governing bodies of the school districts and community college districts in the county
- a representative selected by a majority of the presiding officers of the legislative bodies of the special districts in the county that are required or authorized to deposit funds in the county treasury.
Current voting members:
- Mark Luce, County Supervisor / TOC Chair
- Brad Wagenknecht, County Supervisor (alternate)
- Tracy Schulze, County Auditor-Controller
- Robert Minahen, Asst. Auditor-Controller (alternate)
- Barbara Nemko, County Superintendent of Schools
- Josh Schultz, Chief Business Official, County Office of Education (alternate)
- vacant, - Representative for Special Districts
- Jill Techel, Mayor-City of Napa - Representative for Special Districts (alternate)
- Sean Maher, St Helena Unified School District Board Member - Representative for Schools/College Districts
- Jose Hurtado, NVUSD Board Member (alternate)
- Tamie Frasier, County Treasurer-Tax Collector
- Lisa Soder, Asst. Treasurer-Tax Collector (alternate)