Child Support Services


Department of Child SupportEnhancing the lives of children

Janet Nottley photo


To our child support customers, 


 If you have lost your home and/or employment due to the fires in Napa and Sonoma Counties, please contact our office at (707) 259-8289. 


 If you are the parent ordered to pay support, please contact us for an administrative review of your case. Our department will work with you to minimize impacts due to child support enforcement actions.  


 If you are the parent receiving support, contact us to ensure you continue to receive your payments uninterrupted. 


 Child Support Services is here to serve you in this difficult time. 



Our mission is to enhance the well-being of children and the self-sufficiency of families by providing professional services.

 The Napa County Department of Child Support Services (CSS) is the Local Child Support Agency (LCSA) responsible for establishing and/or enforcing child support court orders. We provide an effective system that encourages parental responsiblity to their children. We act in the “public interest” and do not represent any individual. We are responsible for establishing and enforcing support orders when a child receives public assistance or when a parent or legal caretaker requests our services.

Our services include: opening a case; finding parents; establishing a legal parent-child relationship; establishing child and medical support orders; and enforcing support orders. Napa County Child Support Services does not charge for its services; however an annual $25 fee is assessed by the state department in some cases.

Note: We do not handle custody, visitation, establishment or modification of spousal support or other family law matters. For more information regarding these issues contact the Napa County Family Law Facilitator at (707) 299-1137.


Other Popular Links

    Health and Human Services Agency  

    Public Assistance and Self-Sufficiency 



Other Department Information


Court Self-Help Info

If you are represented or want to file your own motion, this site will help you answer questions, assist you in representing yourself in some legal matter,or assist you in finding a lawyer.



Need help filing your own motion before the court?

Free Family Law Help


Social Security Administration

Did you know you and your minor children may be entitled to payments from SSA? SSI pays benefits to disabled adults and children with limited income and resources. Learn more


Employment Development Department

Not working? You may be eligible to monetary benefits! File or manage a claim for Unemployment or Disability Insurance Benefits!

Contact EDD

WorkforceNapa Logo

Employment Services!

Looking for employment? They can help!