2022 Continuum of Care (CoC)
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has released a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the Continuum of Care Program Competition on August 1, 2022, opening the competition and making available approximately $2.794 billion nationally to serve people experiencing homelessness. The information in the NOFO sets forth the competition rules and processes for 2022, with the CoC national application due date of September 30, 2022. The NOFO is available online here. 2022 Continuum of Care (CoC) 2022 Continuum of Care (CoC) 2022 Continuum of Care (CoC) 2022 Continuum of Care (CoC)
A summary of the 2022 NOFO is also available here; it outlines what has changed from prior years and HUD's current priorities, as well as eligible project types, which may be helpful for new interested project applicants. The CoC invites and strongly encourages new projects in the community to consider applying for these funds.
Eligible new project types for community organizations include:
- Permanent supportive housing
- Rapid rehousing
- Joint transitional housing and rapid rehousing
The CoC competition happens in two phases:
- Local Competition
- Each CoC creates a local process to decide how projects applying for CoC funds in the community are prioritized for funding through a “local competition.”
- Each project completes an application that is “reviewed and ranked” by a “non-conflicted” panel using scoring tools created and approved by the community. A priority list of projects is then generated.
- National Competition
- Priority list is sent to HUD along with an application reflecting CoC data and work on homelessness, and the individual project applications. These documents together are referred to as the ‘consolidated application.’ This consolidated application then competes against other CoCs across the country for funds.
For interested new and renewal project applicants, a Technical Assistance Workshop was offered to train all applicants on how to apply for funds in the local competition and get their applications ready for submission for the national competition.
To get the process started there was a mandatory virtual Technical Assistance (TA) Workshop on August 11, from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. for all renewal and new project applicants. This workshop provided attendees with an overview of the local application process, as well as instructions for completing the local project applications.
Information will be provided about renewal project applications as well as applications for new projects through reallocation and/or Bonus funding. We encourage all organizations interested in applying for CoC funding to attend, including organizations that have not previously received CoC funding.
Please direct any questions about this funding source and/or how to apply for funds to [email protected].
- Napa CoC HMIS & CE Project Scoring Tool
- Napa CoC Renewal Project Scoring Tool
- Napa CoC New Project Scoring Tool
All applications were due to HomeBase at [email protected] by August 31, 2022.
All projects were accepted in the 2022 local CoC competition and no projects were reduced, rejected, or reallocated.
- Final 2022 Priority Listing with Scores
- Please find the Napa CoC's final Consolidated Application for CoC funding here, including attachments and priority listing.
17 Opens a New Window.Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program
Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Balance of State (BoS) Announcement:
The Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) released the Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Balance of State (BoS) Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) PDF on June 13, 2022. Competitive and non-competitive applications submitted on behalf of the Napa CoC to HCD are due no later than Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 5 p.m.
More about this Funding Opportunity:
This funding comes in two parts:
- Noncompetitive grants for rapid re-housing (RR) (for a minimum of $49,520 and a maximum of $61,900)
- A regional competition for additional funds to be used for rapid rehousing, street outreach, emergency shelter operations and services, and homeless prevention, if paired with RR, (for a minimum of $75,000 and a maximum of $200,000).
- Through a local competitive process, up to two program applications will be chosen by the Napa CoC to have applications for their projects submitted to HCD for both the noncompetitive and competitive funding opportunities.
- Napa homeless assistance providers are encouraged to apply and should provide a Statement of Interest Letter, expressing intent to apply for BoS ESG funding by June 27, 2022 at 5 p.m. PDT to [email protected].
This letter should include a brief description of the intended project, the project type, and total budget.
- 100% match is required for all grants.
- HCD’s informational webinar on BoS ESG took place on Thursday, June 16, 2022 from 9-11 a.m.
For additional questions on this grant opportunity, please email [email protected].
Summary and Timeline:
On August 4, 2022 the CoC voted to approve the following projects to submit to HCD for the ESG BoS competition:
- 1 non-competitive application for $61,900 for rapid rehousing funds from the County of Napa, Department of Housing and Homeless Services.
- 1 competitive application for $100K for emergency shelter service funds from the County of Napa, Department of Housing and Homeless Services.
- 1 competitive application for $200K for street outreach funds from the City of Napa.
- Competitive Application can be found here on the HCD website.
- Noncompetitive Application can be found here on the HCD website.
NOTE: All noncompetitive applicants must complete the noncompetitive application and the supplemental application.
- 2022 ESG NOFA Summary
- 2022 Napa ESG Local Timeline and Process Overview
- 2022 ESG Rank and Review Panel Scoring Tool
2021 Documents & Applications
2020 Documents & Applications
2019 Documents & Applications
2018 Documents & Applications
- 2018 Napa Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Summary (PDF)
- 2018 Supplemental Application for Noncompetitive Rapid Re-Housing Allocation Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Funds (PDF)
- Napa CoC Program 2018 Recommended Priority Listing (PDF)
- 2018 Continuum of Care NOFA Summary - Napa (PDF)
- 2018 Napa CoC - Governance Charter NOFA Process(PDF)
- 2018 Napa CoC - New Project Scoring Tool (PDF)
- 2018 Napa CoC - Renewal Project Scoring Tool (PDF)
- 2018 Napa CoC - HMIS and CE Project Scoring Tool (PDF)
- Napa CoC Consolidated Application FY18
- Napa CoC Priority Listing FY18