Groundwater Resources Advisory Committee
The Napa County Groundwater Resources Advisory Committee (GRAC) held its sixteenth and final meeting on February 27, 2014. A final report and presentation on the GRAC's recommendations will be provided to the County Board of Supervisors -tentatively scheduled for April 8, 2014. GRAC meeting agendas, minutes and related materials can be found below.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
On June 28, 2011 the Board of Supervisors approved creation of a Groundwater Resources Advisory Committee (GRAC). The GRAC will assist County staff and technical consultants with recommendations regarding groundwater, including data collection, monitoring, well pump test protocols, management objectives, and community support. A 15 member committee was appointed on September 20, 2011.
February 14, 2011, Groundwater Workshop
The Napa County Board of Supervisors held a Groundwater Workshop on Monday, Feb. 14, 2011. The workshop provided the Board with an update on groundwater resources throughout the county: what we know, what we don’t know, and how groundwater and County functions related to water resources are currently administered.
To bring everyone to the same level of understanding about groundwater in preparation to address the Board's strategic objective: "Presentation and action on a work plan for the development of a comprehensive county-wide policy and program for potable and recycled water."
- Staff presentation on surface water supplies, General Plan implementation actions about water, and an overview of a stakeholder assessment study
- Consultant presentation on county groundwater resources, review of County monitoring and data management systems, update on State regulatory requirements, and recommendations
- Guest speaker, Paul Kelly, providing a perspective on Sonoma County's recent groundwater experience
- Staff summary of County roles and responsibilities in water, and
- Discussion with the Board on immediate next steps