Arts & Culture Advisory Committee
On April 10, 2012. the Napa County Board of Supervisors signed a resolution creating an Arts & Culture Advisory Committee (ACAC) for the primary purpose of conducting a capacity building grant program and making recommendations to County staff regarding grant awards to be made to non-profit art and cultural organizations in Napa County. Funding for grants comes from the Special Projects Fund, which the Board of Supervisors established after the Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) increased from 10.5% to 12% on January 1, 2005.
Each year the ACAC conducts a Request for Proposals application process, awarding arts grants to deserving arts-based nonprofit groups in Napa. The ACAC forwards its recommendations for deserving applicants to the Board of Supervisors, which makes the final decisions on grant funding. The goal of the arts grant program is to: provide more focus on growing arts and culture in Napa, include more diversity of cultures and voices, and foster more collaboration among Napa's art groups, as reflected in Napa's arts plan: A Community Cultural Plan for Napa County (PDF) Opens a New Window. .
|Christopher DeNatale (Chair)||Arts Council Napa Valley (Non-voting)||9-30-2021||(415) 297-3093||2|
|Jessica Lee Penman (Vice Chair)||County At-Large (3-Year Term)||9-30-2021||(707) 944-0904||2|
|James Thomas Bailey||Presentation/Performing Arts||09-30-2021||(707) 255-0950 ext. 659||3|
|Evy Warshawski||Creation of Arts and Culture Opportunities||09-30-2022||(707) 501-8567||4|
|Mechele Manno||Education of Arts and Culture||09-30-2020||(917) 208-7384||1|
|David Ruane||Youth Arts||9-30-2020||(707) 481-6450||2|
|Robin Craig||County At-Large (One-Year Term)||09-30-2020||(443) 823-1804||5|
|Jesse Petrick||County At-Large (3-Year Term)||9-30-2022||(310) 367-2977||1|
- Time: 9 a.m.
- Date: 4th Monday of January, April, and October
- Location: Board of Supervisors Chambers, 1195 Third Street, Suite 305, Napa, CA 94559
Special meetings of the Advisory Committee may be called in conformance of the Brown Act, including 24 hour notice of the meeting posted at the regular meeting location, and in those local newspapers that have requested to be informed of Advisory Committee Meetings.
Read the Committee's Bylaws (PDF), including purpose, membership, terms and more.
Opens a New Window.FY 2019-20 Grant Cycle (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020)
FY 2019-20 Grant Award Recipients
Tourism Generating Arts & Culture Organization (Awarded: $92,779)
- Friends of Lincoln Theater: $27,500
- Friends of Lincoln Theater & Napa Valley Museum (Collaborative Grant): $20,000
- Napa Valley Museum: 7,500
- Napa Valley Museum: $20,000
- Napa County Historical Society: $12,700
- Napa Valley Writer’s Conference – NVC District Auxiliary Services Foundation: $5,079
Arts & Culture Services
- Arts Council Napa Valley: $61,067
General Arts and Culture Organization (Awarded: $153,358)
- Nimbus Arts: $2,500
- Nimbus Arts: $27,500
- Music in the Vineyards: $10,000
- Vailima Foundation: $7,500
- E&M Presents Inc: $7,500
- Napa Valley Art Association: $17,500
- Napa Valley Art Association: $2,000
- Lucky Penny Productions: $17,500
- Lucky Penny Productions: $2,300
- NapaShakes Napa Valley Shakespeare: $17,500
- Napa Public Access Cable Television: $13,500
- Napa Valley Youth Symphony: $13,058
- di Rosa Preserve: $15,000