Arts & Culture Advisory Committee
If you have comments, questions and/or feedback please email [email protected]. Opens a New Window.
FY 2019-20 Grant Cycle (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020)
- January Workshop Presentation (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Second Workshop is scheduled on 2/6/19 at 6pm. Community Foundation Conference Room, 3299 Claremont Way, Suite 2, Napa, CA, 94558
- Time: 9 a.m.
- Date: 4th Monday of January, April, and October
- Location: Board of Supervisors Chambers, 1195 Third Street, Suite 305, Napa, CA 94559
Special meetings of the Advisory Committee may be called in conformance of the Brown Act, including 24 hour notice of the meeting posted at the regular meeting location, and in those local newspapers that have requested to be informed of Advisory Committee Meetings.
|Christopher DeNatale (Chair)||Arts Council Napa Valley (Non-voting)||9-30-2021||(415) 297-3093||2|
|Laura Gabriel (Vice Chair)||County At-Large (3-Year Term)||9-30-2019||(707) 738-9501||1|
|James Thomas Bailey||Presentation/Performing Arts||09-30-2021||(707) 255-0950 ext. 659||3|
|Evy Warshawski||Creation of Arts and Culture Opportunities||09-30-2019||(707) 501-8567||4|
|Mechele Manno||Education of Arts and Culture||09-30-2020||(917) 208-7384||1|
|David Ruane||Youth Arts||9-30-2020||(707) 481-6450||2|
|Eddi Wolk||County At-Large (One-Year Term)||09-30-2019||(707) 294-2406||4|
|Jessica Lee Penman||County At-Large (3-Year Term)||9-30-2021||(707) 944-0904||2|
On April 10, 2012. the Napa County Board of Supervisors signed a resolution creating an Arts & Culture Advisory Committee (ACAC) for the primary purpose of conducting a capacity building grant program and making recommendations to County staff regarding grant awards to be made to non-profit art and cultural organizations in Napa County. Funding for grants comes from the Special Projects Fund, which the Board of Supervisors established after the Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) increased from 10.5% to 12% on January 1, 2005.
Each year the ACAC conducts a Request for Proposals application process, awarding arts grants to deserving arts-based nonprofit groups in Napa. The ACAC forwards its recommendations for deserving applicants to the Board of Supervisors, which makes the final decisions on grant funding. The goal of the arts grant program is to: provide more focus on growing arts and culture in Napa, include more diversity of cultures and voices, and foster more collaboration among Napa's art groups, as reflected in Napa's arts plan: A Community Cultural Plan for Napa County (PDF) Opens a New Window. .
Read the Committee's Bylaws (PDF) Opens a New Window. , including purpose, membership, terms and more.
Guidelines/Application for FY 2019-20 Grant Cycle
2018-19 Grant Awards
Total Awarded: $250,168
Tourism Generating Arts and Culture Organization
- Friends of Lincoln Theater: $27,500
- Friends of Lincoln Theater and Napa Valley Museum (collaborative grant): $20,000
- Napa Valley Museum: $7,500
- Napa Valley Museum: $20,000
- Cinema Napa Valley: $27,500
- Napa Valley Opera House: $17,500
- Music In The Vineyards, Inc.: $11,668
General Arts and Culture Organization
- Napa Valley Art Association: $17,500
- Nimbus Arts: $10,000
- Lunchtime Productions, Inc.: $17,500
- Robert Louis Stevenson Museum: $15,000
- Robert Louis Stevenson Museum: $2,500
- Napa County Fair Association: $27,500
- Napa County Fair Association: $2,500
- Shakespeare Napa Valley: $7,500
- E & M Presents, Inc.: $7,500
- Napa Regional Dance Foundation: $7,500
- Valley Players: $3,500
2018-19 Grant Awards by Board of Supervisors Designation
- Arts and Culture:
- Arts Council Napa Valley - $68,956