Arts & Culture Advisory Committee
Grant Update: The Board of Supervisors will discuss the 2018-19 Grant Guidelines on Tuesday January 23, 2018. The Guidelines and grant schedule will be posted here after Board approval.
Special meetings of the Advisory Committee may be called in conformance of the Brown Act, including 24 hour notice of the meeting posted at the regular meeting location, and in those local newspapers that have requested to be informed of Advisory Committee Meetings.
- Time: 9 a.m.
- Date: 4th Monday of January, April, and October
- Location: Board of Supervisors Chambers, 1195 Third Street, Suite 305, Napa, CA 94559
|Christopher DeNatale (Chair)||Youth Arts||9-30-2020||(415) 297-3093||2|
|Laura Gabriel||At-Large||9-30-2018||(707) 299-3241||1|
|Olivia Dodd||Arts Council Napa Valley||9-30-2018||(707) 363-0395||5|
|Molly Stuart||Education of Arts and Culture`||9-30-2020||(707) 256-7255||2|
|Eddi Wolk||At-Large||9-30-2018||(707) 294-2406||4|
|Kristina Young||Creation of Arts and Culture Opportunities||9-30-2018||(707) 337-6515||4|
On April 10, 2012. the Napa County Board of Supervisors signed a resolution creating an Arts and Culture Advisory Committee for the primary purpose of conducting a capacity building grant program and making recommendations to County staff regarding grant awards to be made to non-profit art and cultural organizations in Napa County. Funding for grants comes from the Special Projects Fund, which the Board of Supervisors established after the Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) increased from 10.5% to 12% on January 1, 2005.
Each year the Committee conducts a Request for Proposals application process and makes recommendations on the Arts and Culture Grant Capacity Building Grant Program, which is intended to provide capacity-building funds for Napa County nonprofit arts and cultural organizations in support of the Napa County Art and Cultural Plan (PDF). The Committee also makes recommendations on the Visitor Management Grants Program, which is intended to fund activities and projects of Arts and Culture organizations that further the goals established in the Napa Valley Tourism Improvement District Management Plan. Both programs will run concurrently.
Read the Committee's Bylaws (PDF), including purpose, membership, terms and more.
Timeline/Guidelines for 2018-2018 grant cycle (coming soon)
2016 - 2017 Grant Awards
- Celebrate! Napa Valley: $10,000
- Cinema Napa Valley: $20,000
- diRosa: $20,000
- NapaShakes: $12,500
- Napa Valley Museum: $18,240
- Napa Valley Performing Arts at Lincoln Theater: $25,000
- Napa Valley Youth Symphony: $12,500
- Nimbus Arts: $15,150
Arts & Culture (Capacity Building)
- diRosa: $13,500
- Music in the Vineyards: $3,500
- NapaShakes: $16,068
- Napa County Historical Society: $13,250
- Napa Valley Performing Arts at Lincoln Theater $26,500
- Napa Valley Youth Symphony: $11,250
- Nimbus Arts: $17,732
- Robert Louis Stevenson Museum: $10,000
Grant Awards by Board of Supervisors Designation
- Arts and Culture:
- Arts Council Napa Valley - $37,268
- Visitor Management Grant Program:
- Arts Council Napa Valley - $22,360
- Visit Napa Valley - $298,160