Clerk of the Board
The mission of the Clerk's Office is to maintain the Board's legislative history and provide administrative support to the members of the Board of Supervisors in its response to the needs of the public. Therefore, the Board's ability to function successfully is greatly influenced by providing exceptional customer service, responding to the public efficiently, and delivering quality performance. The Office of the Clerk of the Board’s division serves as the department’s backbone to oversee and manage the administrative, legislative, and operational demands of the office. Our customer service commitment to the Board, Committees, and the public is to: provide accurate and timely information; be attentive, courteous, and responsive; foster a spirit of cooperation and goodwill; value diversity; and take accountability, responsibility, and pride in our work. The delivery of our commitment is made possible by the help of the Clerk of the Board’s deputies and staff, as our divisions tirelessly work together to provide quality public service, support, and business continuity.
We hope you find our site easy to use and the information that we have selected for you beneficial. If you find that the information you are looking for is not available on our site or have suggestions for improvements, please email us and we will make every attempt to improve our site to meet your needs.
The Clerk of the Board of Supervisors provides support to the Board of Supervisors and information to the public. We:
- Coordinate and attend all regular and special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, Board of Equalization and Special Districts
- Prepare agendas and minutes, including proper noticing, processing and maintenance of official records of all actions taken
- Set and publish public hearings
- Maintain roster and process committee and commissions appointments
- Administer oaths of office for Board appointments
- Record all claims against the County
- Are custodians of Napa County policies, resolutions and ordinances
- Process all lot line adjustment, planning and assessment appeals
In each instance, we strive to ensure timely and accurate support services are provided to the public, county staff and Board of Supervisors.