Committees & Commissions
The Board of Supervisors recognizes the valuable untapped resources that exist in the community and appreciate the public participation and input in the operation of County Government. Do you want to provide direct input to the Napa County Board of Supervisors and other County leaders? Apply for one of the County's advisory committees, commissions and boards. Put your knowledge, energy and passion to work for your community.
December 31, 2017 Local Appointments List Opens a New Window. (in compliance with the Maddy Act)
Sign-up to receive notifications on board/committee/commission openings.
- Napa County Local Food Advisory Council (Closes February 20, 2019)
- Napa County Winegrape Pest & Disease Control District Board of Directors (Closes March 13, 2019)
- Napa/Solano Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council (Closes March 13, 2019)
- Napa County Deferred Compensation Board of Control (closes March 15, 2019)
- Napa Valley Transportation Authority Active Transportation Advisory Committee (Open until vacancy is filled)
- Napa Valley Transportation Authority Citizen Advisory Committee (Open until filled)
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Advisory Committee (Open until filled)
- Napa County Commission on Aging (Open until filled)
- Napa County Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council (Open until filled)
- Napa County Housing Commission (Open until filled)
- UPDATED! Napa County Flood Control and Water Conservation District Floating Alternate Director (Open until filled)
To be considered for appointment, you must complete the proper Application Form. You may also apply in person at the County Executive Office. If you have questions, please call the County Executive Office at 707-253-4421.
Conflict of Interest Code
Appointees to Committees, Commissions and Boards are required by State Law to file a Form 700 Conflict of Interest Code. For further information about the Form 700 Conflict of Interest Code, visit the California Fair Political Practices website.
Appointments on Behalf of the County of Napa
It is the goal of the Board of Supervisors that when vacancy(s) occur on various committees and commissions:
- An effort is made to make all interested individuals aware of said vacancies.
- The most qualified individual(s) is/are appointed to fill the vacancy(ies).
Policies & Procedures
To achieve these goals, the following policy and procedures regarding appointments shall be followed:
- In addition to conforming to Government Code Section 54970-54975, when memberships on commissions and committees appointed by the Board of Supervisors consist of representatives from professional societies or organizations, or members of the general public as determined by State law or regulations or by the Board of Supervisors.
- A news release regarding the vacancy(s), requirements, process and deadline for making application will be sent by the County Executive Office to all local news media.
- The individual members of the Board of Supervisors and the appropriate professional society or organization will be requested to recommend one or more individuals for consideration and appointment by the Board of Supervisors.
- When representation of educational interests is desired on advisory committees or commissions, all public school districts in the County shall be requested to confer with one another and provide the Board of Supervisors with a joint recommendation.
- All interested applicants shall complete the resume' (application) form that will be made available and returned to the County Executive Office.
- All submitted application forms will be reviewed by the County Counsel's Office for legal sufficiency and to note any known conflicts of interest.
- One week prior to committee/commission appointment(s) all applications will be forwarded to Board of Supervisors members for their information. At his/her discretion, the Chairman/Chair of the Board of Supervisors may designate one or more members of the Board to evaluate the applications in whatever manner most appropriate and submit recommendations for Board decision.
- Individual(s) appointed by the Board of Supervisors will be notified by the Clerk of the Board in order that an oath of office can be taken when appropriate.
- Individuals not appointed will be so notified by the County Executive Office.
- These procedures will apply to initial appointments and the filling of vacancies occurring during a term.
Thank you for your interest!