Household Hazardous Waste
* Scroll down for information on the Calistoga Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event *
Improper and illegal disposal can contaminate our drinking water, impede waste water treatment plants, pollute local waterways and endanger workers. It can also lead to penalties and fines.
- Carburetor cleaners
- Drain openers
- Fluorescent bulbs / tubes
- Gasoline and fuel additives
- Glues and cements
- Grease and rust solvents
- Latex and oil-based paints
- Lighter fluids
- Mercury containing items (thermometers, thermostats, etc.)
- Oven cleaners
- Paint thinner and stripper
- Photo chemicals
- Polishes and cleaners
- Pool chemicals
- Rechargeable or alkaline batteries
- Transmission fluids
- Unwanted medications (no controlled substances - contact your pharmacist if you are unsure if your medication is a controlled substance)
- Used oil and oil filters
- Wood and metal cleaners
- Wood preservatives
Where Can I Take Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)?
Permanent Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility
The permanent HHW collection facility is located at 889-A Devlin Road, off Highway 29 in south Napa. It is for safe and legal disposal of unusable hazardous products. Please remember to pack products carefully so they won’t mix or spill and transport them in the trunk if possible. The facility accepts all types of household hazardous waste except radioactive materials, explosives and ammunition.
- Households: No appointment required; no fee.
- Open every Friday & Saturday : 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- For highway safety, there is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of household hazardous waste per trip.
- For more information call: 800-984-9661 or 707-259-8608.
Calistoga Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event
Saturday, November 14, 2020
9AM - 3PM
Napa County Fairgrounds in Calistoga
1401 North Oak Street (event entrance will be at the Boys and Girls Club parking lot)
Open to residential customers of Upper Valley Disposal Service or Clover Flat Landfill.
NEW THIS YEAR, APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED! Appointments must be scheduled by 5:00pm on Friday November 13. Click here Version OptionsHousehold Hazardous WasteHeadline to schedule an appointment and for more information about the event.
No Electronic Wastes, Explosives & Ammunition, or Radioactive Materials
No Business Waste (see business event info below)
Businesses that generate limited quantities of hazardous wastes will be able to dispose of them on Friday, November 13 from 1pm to 4pm. This collection event is open to only those businesses that generate less than 27 gallons or 220 pounds of hazardous waste per month. Appointments are required ‒ call 707-259-8330 by 5pm on Wednesday, November 11 to schedule a drop-off time. Businesses must pay disposal fees for hazardous wastes that they bring to this collection event.
Si necesita ayuda en español, llame al 707-253-4351.