- Adult Probation
Locations & Services
- Adult Probation after Court Check-in: Located at Napa County Hall of Justice 1125 3rd Street, 2nd Floor Napa CA, 94559. Open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Adult Community Corrections Service Center: Located at 1125 3rd Street Napa CA 94559. Open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
Probation officers, experienced in the application of determinate sentencing law, provide departmental representation to the Napa County Courts. The Investigations Unit provides written and oral probation reports also known as pre-sentence investigations for the Napa County Courts. These reports contain information describing the circumstances of a crime, prior criminal history of a defendant, and a recommendation for or against a grant of probation. When a crime is committed and a victim is involved, efforts are made to contact him or her to determine if any restitution may be owed to them and to advise the victim of their legal rights. The report is also utilized by Probation Officers of the Supervision Unit and correctional authorities should the defendant be ordered a psychological evaluation or sentenced to state prison.
General Supervision refers to caseloads which commonly consist of drug/alcohol related offenses, assaults, and weapons related crimes. Probationers are required to report to their assigned probation officer as directed. A typical appointment would include explaining terms of probation, referring clients to community and public resources, establishing restitution, monitoring payment of restitution, counseling, and drug & alcohol testing. Other functions include providing written and oral reports to the court, arresting probation violators, and performing probation searches.
Community Corrections Service Center (CCSC)
The Community Corrections Service Center (CCSC) is a probation program, run by GEO, Inc., that is a one-stop shop for intensive supervision, treatment services and if necessary, the sanctioning of offenders.
The goals of the CCSC are to:
- Decrease recidivism rate (offenders who go on to commit another crime)
- Increase safety and security of Napa County by effectively treating offenders both in-custody and in the community
- Increase numbers of inmates who successfully reintegrate into the community
The elements of the program are:
- Delivers evidence based practices and programming designed to identify and treat the reasons people commit crimes
- Tailors programming to meet each offender’s individual criminogenic needs (crime causing)
- Increases the emphasis on mental health and substance abuse treatment for the adult offender population
- Includes a formal quality assurance and performance evaluation component to ensure that the program is having a positive impact on recidivism