Advisory: Public Counter Operations are limited to "By Appointment” in Response to COVID-19
To comply with current health orders, we have implemented COVID-19 Prevention Protocols and modified our public counter operations and submittal processes. If you have questions about land divisions, use permits, General Plan amendments, zone changes, variances and a number of ministerial planning permit applications, please use the informational links provided or give us a call before visiting us at our public counter.
County Adopts Resolution No. 2020-135 NEW!
County Adopts Resolution No. 2020-135 to update COVID-19 temporary measures for health and safety business operations. To submit, please download the Notice of Intent forms for Temporary Measures for COVID-19 Application Form or the Fire-Related Host Winery Business Operations Application, and then submit the completed fillable form(s) to our PBES cloud service here and PBES staff will be notified that it has been submitted.
RFP for Environmental Services released 11/30/2020 NEW!
Napa County is requesting proposals from qualified consulting firms to prepare an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (“CEQA”) , the State CEQA Guidelines and Napa County’s Local CEQA Guidelines to analyze the potential environmental impacts related to the demolition of existing structures and the construction of a new commercial development known as the Inn at the Abbey project, comprised of a 79-room hotel and accessory uses.
- Click here to download the RFP
- Click here to download and review responses to RFP inquiries
Closing date for this RFP is December 18, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
New: Napa County Use Permit Compliance Program
The Department regularly posts information about major planning projects. View a list of major current projects.
Pre-application meetings are an opportunity to meet with staff from all Divisions and receive valuable feedback on your project. In particular, staff can identify the type of application and related permits that may be necessary, permit processing steps and timelines, and pertinent information and technical studies that will be required to submit a complete application.
To schedule a pre-application meeting, please follow the steps (below) to use our Online Permit Center system (due to COVID social distancing protocols, appointments are currently limited to virtual meetings via Zoom).
- From the PBES Online Permit Center Site you can register for an account. Once your user account has been created, you can login and get started.
- Under the heading for Planning, click “Schedule Meeting” and follow the system prompts to enter information for the property, owner, contact, project details, upload project documents, and pay fees.
- Once completed, click the “Schedule Date/Time” button and follow the prompts to select a date/time, and confirm the contact information and appointment time.
- Once you have finished and successfully scheduled your appointment, you will receive an email confirmation. If you need assistance, please call (707) 253-4417 during business hours.
For more detailed step by step instructions with screen shots, please refer to the following user guides: How To Apply For a Pre-Application Meeting in OPC and How To Register for an Online Permit Center User Account.
- ADUs - Accessory Dwelling Units
- Permit Status Using Property and Map Information
- Development Review Process (PDF)
- Planning Forms, Applications and Brochures
- Policy Documents
- Napa County Zoning Map (PDF)
- Planning Commission
- Zoning Administration
- Airport Land Use Commission
- Environmental Notices - California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Winery Database Listing (PDF)
- Voluntary Oak Woodland Management Plan
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife Recording Fees Increase in 2015
- Public Notices
Current Project Information
Find documents and information about major projects, development applications, and other Department work programs.
Agricultural Protection Advisory Committee (APAC)
The County Executive Officer announces the newly created Napa County APAC. This ad hoc committee is intended to serve as an advisory committee to the Planning Commission for purposes of making recommendations to the Planning Commission on a variety of winery development and agricultural protection measures.
Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO) Procedures
Effective May 1, 2015, TCO Procedures/Applications will be changing. There will also be a deposit of $1,017 to initiate the process.