For information about land divisions, use permits, General Plan amendments, zone changes, variances and a number of ministerial planning permit applications, please refer to the informational links provided on our website. If you are unable to find the information you need, please contact us during office hours.
- ADU- Accessory Dwelling Units & Senate Bill 9
- Permit Status Using Property and Map Information
- Development Review Process (PDF)
- Planning Forms, Applications and Brochures
- Policy Documents
- Napa County Zoning Map (PDF)
- Planning Commission
- Zoning Administration
- Airport Land Use Commission
- Environmental Notices - California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Winery & Vineyards Map
- Voluntary Oak Woodland Management Plan
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife Recording Fees Increase in 2015
- Public Notices
- Electronic Document Retrieval
Current Project Information
Find documents and information about major projects, development applications, and other Department work programs.
Agricultural Protection Advisory Committee (APAC)
The County Executive Officer announces the newly created Napa County APAC. This ad hoc committee is intended to serve as an advisory committee to the Planning Commission for purposes of making recommendations to the Planning Commission on a variety of winery development and agricultural protection measures.
Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO) Procedures
Effective May 1, 2015, TCO Procedures/Applications will be changing. There will also be a deposit of $1,017 to initiate the process.
New: Napa County Use Permit Compliance Program
The Department regularly posts information about major planning projects. View a list of major current projects under review.
Electronic Document Retrieval
You can review documents from Building, Planning, Engineering, Well and Onsite Wastewater Treatment, Conservation, Code Enforcement, Consumer Protection, Pollution Prevention-CUPA, Local Oversight Program, Medical Waste, Body Art, Monitoring Wells/Soil Borings, and Inspection Reports. View the retrieval page.
Pre-application meetings are an opportunity to meet with staff from all Divisions and receive valuable feedback on more complex projects involving a Use Permit/Major Modification or other Use Permit related application, such as winery uses or development projects. In particular, staff can identify the type of application and related permits that may be necessary, permit processing steps and timelines, and pertinent information and technical studies that will be required to submit a complete application. Fees will be charged for the pre-application meeting service. There are two types of meetings - Office Only and On-Site meetings. For now, the online permit center process only accommodate4s the "Office Only" meetings.
Note: For guidance and application requirements for residential building construction projects, such as new residential building permits, additions, modifications, etc., please use this link to visit our Building Division web page.
Scheduling a Pre-Application Meeting
To schedule a pre-application meeting, please follow the steps (below) to use our Online Permit Center system (due to COVID social distancing protocols, appointments are currently limited to virtual meetings via Zoom).
- From the PBES Online Permit Center Site you can register for an account. Once your user account has been created, you can login and get started.
- Under the heading for Planning, click “Schedule Meeting” and follow the system prompts to enter information for the property, owner, contact, project details, upload project documents, and pay fees.
- Once completed, click the “Schedule Date/Time” button and follow the prompts to select a date/time, and confirm the contact information and appointment time.
- Once you have finished and successfully scheduled your appointment, you will receive an email confirmation. If you need assistance, please call (707) 253-4417 during business hours.
For more detailed step by step instructions with screen shots, please refer to the following user guides: How To Apply For a Pre-Application Meeting in OPC and How To Register for an Online Permit Center User Account.