Transferring Prints - Employers
Can I Transfer My Fingerprints to My New Employer?
(The following applies to department of social services applicants only).
- Between State Licensed Facilities or TrustLine Registry Active criminal record clearances may be transferred between state licensed facilities or the TrustLine Registry program. If an individual has an active clearance, he/she should not be reprinted. Licensees or license applicants may contact their local CCLD Regional Office to verify the individual's status.
- To request a clearance transfer between state licensed facilities, a licensee or license applicant must submit an LIC 9182, Criminal Record Clearance Transfer Request form to their Regional Office. Transfers to more than one facility may be requested on one form. Licensees/license applicants may attach a list of each facility number to which the individual is to be transferred. All clearance transfer requests must be submitted to the Department before the individual who is subject to the transfer has client contact or the licensee will be in violation of the law and subject to a $100 civil penalty.
- Transfers requests from the TrustLine Registry to state licensed facilities must be on the TLR3. Transfers requests from state licensed facilities to the TrustLine Registry must be on the TLR4.
- All clearance transfer requests must be submitted to the Department before the individual who is subject to the transfer has client contact or the licensee will be in violation of the law and subject to a $100 civil penalty. An individual need not wait for a confirmation of the transfer before he/she can begin work or be present in the facility.
- Between County Licensed Agencies Or Between State And County Licensed Agencies - Family Child Care, Foster Family Homes and Certified Homes Only:
- Active criminal record clearances may be transferred between contracting county licensing agencies and between contracting county licensing agencies and state licensing agencies provided the transfer is within the same licensing category, i.e. FCCH to FCCH and FFH to FFH (certified family homes are defined by the Department of Justice as the same facility type as licensed foster family homes, therefore transfers between FFA certified homes and county licensed foster family homes are allowed). County and state licensing offices can provide specific details and instructions.