Same-Day Review Program
The Napa County Building Department now approves permits for the projects listed below in one business day.
This service is available from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m, Monday through Thursday. You can have your permit the same day if:
- Your project type is listed below.
- You provide all the required information for review.
- You submit your application between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Monday through Thursday.
Same-Day Project Types
Please note: Projects in the floodplain or floodway and those projects requiring additional permits from Planning or Environmental Management do not qualify for same-day review.
- Noncommercial Agriculture Buildings: Less than 600 square feet, single story, not more than 15 feet in height and not the first structure on the property.
- Carports: Less than 600 square feet
- Decks: Residential under 600 square feet not over 1 level and not more than 8 feet above grade.
- Electrical Service Upgrades and New Service Panels: Not exceeding 600 amps.
- Residential EV Charging Stations: Type 1 and Type 2.
- Pre-manufactured Greenhouses: Less than 600 square feet
- Mechanical Buildings (pump houses): Structure only, and a floor area less than 600 square feet
- Residential Outdoor Fireplaces and Fire Pits: Freestanding only.
- Residential Solar Systems: 10 kW or less.
- Residential Detached Outdoor Kitchens: Less than 600 square feet in floor area and open on 3 sides.
- Propane Tanks: Above ground and under 500 gallons.
- Residential Retaining Walls: Not cave portals and not associated with road and structure surcharge loads.
- Trellis, Gazebos, and Patio Covers: Less than 600 square feet
- Residential Storage Buildings: Under 600 square feet, conventionally framed, unconditioned and without plumbing.
- Residential accessory metal storage containers.
- Master Plan Swimming Pools: Residential.
- Master Plan Water Tanks: 10,000 gallons or less.
- Window and Door Replacement: with no structural alterations.
- Interior Dwelling Alterations: which do not affect the exterior or interior load bearing walls, or result in a renovation of 50% or more of the entire space.
- Fences: Only Those not requiring special fence permits.
- Re-roofs and small changes in roof pitch.
- Siding repair and replacement.
- Water heater replacements.
- Demo Permits (residential only).