In-Home Supportive Services
In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) is a Medi-Cal program that is funded by county, state and federal dollars. The goal of the IHSS program is to allow low income aged, blind, and disabled persons, who are at risk for out-of-home placement, to remain safely at home by providing payment for care provider services.
IHSS care providers may provide personal care services such as: bathing and grooming, dressing, and toileting as well as domestic services such as: house cleaning, meal preparation / cleanup, shopping, and laundry. Services are authorized based on the functional needs of the client and in accordance with program rules and regulations.
An applicant must:
- Live in Napa County
- Be a U.S citizen or qualified alien and a California resident
- Be aged, blind or have a permanent disability expected to last 12 months or more
- Receive Medi-Cal (with or without share of cost) or SSI / SSP benefits
- Be living at home. Home is any place the applicant chooses to live and could be a house, apartment, hotel or the home of a relative.
- Have a licensed health care professional complete a Health Care Certification form Opens a New Window. PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF indicating the applicant is at risk of out of home placement.
Referrals can be made by the applicant or on their behalf with the applicant’s knowledge and agreement. The easiest way to apply for services is to call Comprehensive Services for Older Adults at 253-6272 and ask to make an IHSS referral. Referrals may also be made by:
- Submitting an on-line referral form by clicking this link.
- Applying in person at the address below.
- Faxing a completed referral form by clicking this link, printing the form and faxing it.
Our contact info is:
650 Imperial Way
Napa, CA 94559
Phone: (707) 253-6272
Fax: (707) 253-6117
When making a referral, be prepared with the following information:
- Diagnosis / disability information
- Primary care doctor
- Social security number
- Telephone number
- Applicant’s date of birth
If you suspect fraud in the IHSS program, please contact the Department of Health Care Services IHSS fraud hotline at 888-717-8302.
Are you looking to enroll as an IHSS Care Provider?
EVV - Electronic Visit Verification
Beginning July 1, 2023, all IHSS and WPCS providers who do not live with their recipient are required to check-in and out at the beginning and end of each workday.
Non-Live-in Providers are able to check-in and out using either the new IHSS EVV Mobile Application (App), the Electronic Services Portal (ESP), or the Telephone Timesheet System (TTS) using the recipient’s landline telephone.
- There are no penalties for providers for making corrections to their timesheets in regard to check-in, check-out and location information. Providers should make corrections before submitting their electronic timesheet to their recipients.
- There are no changes for providers that live with their recipient. Live-in providers will continue to complete and submit their electronic timesheet to their recipient for approval the same way they do today.
- There are no changes for recipients. Recipients will continue to review and approve their provider’s electronic timesheets the same as today. The EVV requirements do not change how recipient services are authorized or how recipients receive their services.
Providers needing additional information and training about EVV may visit the CDSS website here.