Code Enforcement

Water Heater Not To CodeThe Building and Development Division's Code Enforcement Unit is charged with enforcing County land use and building codes and the laws of the State of California. Code Enforcement Officers are responsible for enforcing, building, zoning and property nuisance ordinances within the unincorporated areas of Napa County.

Making a Complaint

Code violations generally consist of uses or structures without proper permits or authorizations from the County. Use the County's online code complaint form to submit a code violation complaint about a property. 

Please be specific about the property affected. If you do not know the address please describe its location as accurately as possible and where the violation(s) exists (nearest crossroad, across the street from, landmarks, etc.). 

Enforcement Officers will make every effort to pursue the concerns you have presented and will contact you if additional information is needed. Your name and contact information will be kept confidential to the extent legally entitled.

Complaints About Your Contractor

The State of California Contractors Licensing Board (CSLB) is responsible for investigating complaints regarding licensed and unlicensed contractors. If you have a dispute with your contractor or would like to make a complaint please go to the CSLB website.

Contact Us

If you have a zoning or building code complaint please use the code complaint link on this page and fill out the required information. If you have a specific question about the Napa County Code we enforce or about an existing enforcement case please contact one of our staff members.