Environmental Health Division
Advisory: Visit our new Fire Recovery Information Page for important information related to fire damages and water systems, wells, sewer and septic systems.
For wildfire-related questions regarding Debris Cleanup Options, Well Water Safety or wastewater system impacts, please review the information provided on this site, visit Fire Debris Information page, call (707) 299-1350, or email us at [email protected].
Due to COVID-19 social distancing protocols, many services are now being offered electronically. Please use the informational links provided or give us a call if you have questions about Consumer Protection, Well and Onsite Wastewater Treatment, Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA), and Solid Waste Programs and Services.
- Employee Housing
- Mobile Home Parks
- Retail Food Program
- Public Water Systems
- Recreational Health
Well and Onsite Wastewater Treatment
- Wastewater Treatment and Disposal
- Water Wells
- Wildfire Water Well Safety Information
- Building Clearances
- Sewage Complaints
- Alternative Sewage Treatment System (ASTS) Monitoring
- Winery Pond Monitoring
- Hazardous Waste Generator
- Underground Storage Tanks
- Above ground Storage Tanks
- California Accidental Release Prevention Program
- Hazardous Materials Business Plan
- Abandoned Vehicle Abatement
- Complaint Response
- Methamphetamine Contaminated Property Cleanup Act of 2005
- Napa County Area Plan
- Noise Control
- Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986
- Stormwater Management and Control
- Technical Reference for Emergency Response
- Solid Waste Inspection and Permitting
- Body Art/Tattoo
- Medical Waste
- Waste Tire Enforcement
- Garbage Hauler Vehicles
- County Solid Waste and Recycling Program Management
- Closed, Illegal, Abandoned (CIA) Solid Waste Sites
Partially Hydrogenated Oils are now banned, effective June 18, 2018. Please read the flyer for more information.
Harmful Algae Bloom (HAB) Information
Napa County Environmental Health, in coordination with Public Health, launched a public education campaign on seasonal algae blooms. Find more information on the HABs page, including how to report possible algae blooms.
Menu Labeling Guidelines
California Menu Labeling Guidelines (PDF) Opens a New Window. require chain restaurants and similar food facilities to provide calorie and other nutrition information for standard menu items, making such nutrition information available in a direct and accessible manner, enabling consumers to make informed and healthful food choices.
Culinary Gardens List of Approved Sources
Find a list of gardens who have self-certified to become an approved source.
Culinary Garden Approved Source Application
Complete the Culinary Garden Approved Source Application for your garden or farm to become an "approved source" of fruits and vegetables.
State law allows private homes to be used to prepare and package food products for sale to consumers under certain conditions.
You can see how your favorite eatery fared on its recent health inspections.
California Environmental Reporting System (CERS) Website
Access the CERS website to update your facility's information.
Use Permit Information
- Onsite Wastewater Feasibility Report Opens a New Window.
- Water System Information for Use Permit Submittal Opens a New Window.
- Cave Setback Information Opens a New Window.
- Enclosure Standards Opens a New Window.
- Hazardous Materials Program