Online Permit Center
Welcome to the Consolidated Permit Counter!
Our counter hours have changed.
- Permit Center is open for walk in assistance from 8 a.m. to noon, and 1 to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Permit Center is open by appointment only from noon to 1 p.m., and 4 to 5 p.m. Appointments may be scheduled in advance by calling 707-253-4417.
- Same day permitting remains unchanged and is available from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Lobby/Reception is open 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, Monday through Friday.
Projects That Require Separate Plan Submittal
While many services have been combined, due to specific requirements within specialized programs, the following projects still require separate plan submittal:
- Commercial food facilities
- Commercial swimming pool
- Engineered septic systems
- Grading permits
- Public water systems
- Planning Use Permits and modifications
For the best service, contact our program specialist directly for specific requirements.
The Permit Services Center, with its reception area and consolidated permit counter, is designed to facilitate customer services and improve organizational efficiencies. Professional staff with expertise in planning, building, environmental health, engineering, conservation, and fire safety will be on hand to answer questions in person or by phone throughout the day, Monday through Friday. Administrative staff will help customers find the resources they need.
Customers now enjoy the convenience of being able to get answers to all their questions about planning, building, environmental health, engineering and conservation (vineyard) issues every day, all day long (Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Additionally Building Permit customers are able to apply for Same Day permits for small building projects Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. For traditional building permit applications, customers now are able to submit a reduced (3) number of plan sets (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to noon, and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.) and can expect a consolidated comment letter on their Building applications. Check out the rest of our page and find out more.