County Executive Office
The Role of CEO
The County Executive Officer is the County’s chief administrative officer, responsible to the Board of Supervisors for overseeing the day-to-day management and coordination of County operations. In addition to recommending the appointment of and supervising 10 non-elected department heads, the County Executive Officer is responsible for:
- Providing impartial analysis and making recommendations to the Board on all policy, fiscal and administrative matters
- Ensuring that Board policies and direction are fully implemented
- Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of County programs
- Preparing and recommending the County’s annual budget to the Board
- Administering the County’s approved budget and conducting long-range financial planning
- Overseeing the County’s state/federal legislative advocacy and internal and external communication activities
- Managing the County’s risk and emergency services efforts
- Providing for the effective administration of the County’s personnel, information technology and purchasing systems
Transparency & Disclosure
Napa County staff members are committed to conducting our business in a manner that is accessible and transparent to our residents. The information provided refers primarily to Countywide disclosure and transparency activities or submittals that are required by law. For documents pertaining to a particular Department or program, please visit their web pages.
Napa County will be receiving a $500,000 settlement payment as successful resolution of an ongoing code enforcement case that has been a matter of concern for the community. Read on...
The Napa County Climate Action Committee (CAC) is inviting public feedback on a draft ordinance aimed at phasing out the use of polystyrene food ware and single-use plastic food ware, and instead mandating the use of reusable or compostable alternatives Read on...
On February 6, 2024, the Napa County Board of Supervisors, sitting as the In-Home Supportive Services (IHHS) Public Authority Governing Board, approved an agreement with IHSS providers represented by SEIU Local 2015, that increases wages to $20 hourly. Read on...