Available Services during Shelter-at-Home
- Emergency Public Assistance Applications
(phone interviews same day, except as noted above under general information)
Benefit Card Issuance
(emergencies – pick up by appointment)
Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card issuance for CalWORKs and CalFresh recipients
Benefits Identification Card (BIC) card issuance for Medi-Cal emergencies
- General Information for the above programs
- Add a person to an existing case (all programs)
- Issuing supplements based on reported changes (CalWORKs and CalFresh)
- Accepting phone calls, and responding to clients questions (any program)
Telephone Numbers for All Offices
- Main: 707-253-4511
- Toll Free: 800-464-4214
- TTY: 800-877-8339
- CareerPoint: 707-253-4134
Information on impact to CalFresh & CalWORKs benefits due to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, your CalWORKs and CalFresh Benefits will continue with no changes for March, April, May, and June 2020. This means that if your semiannual report form (SAR 7) or annual renewal that was due in March, April, or May 2020, will not have to be turned in or an interview completed. If you have turned in your March SAR 7 or renewal paperwork already, it will not be processed, and nothing will change. If your SAR 7 or renewal paperwork included information that would make your benefits go up, please call the county to report this information over the phone.
You must still report if your gross monthly income goes over your family’s Income Reporting Threshold (IRT). Also, if you report that your income has gone down, your benefit amount may go up. Call the county to find out what your IRT is, to report if your income goes down, or if you have any questions about your case.
Supplemental Emergency CalFresh Allotments for Current Customers
California was approved to provide emergency CalFresh allotments to existing households beginning in March-June 2020. The emergency allotments raise each household’s monthly CalFresh allotment to the maximum allowable benefits based on household size. Households already receiving the maximum allotment will not receive an emergency allotment. Emergency allotments for May will be issued on June 14, 2020 and June allotments will be issued to eligible CalFresh households on July 12, 2020.
How Do I Apply for CalFresh?
Applying for CalFresh is easy! We can even accept an application with just your name, address, and phone number. You can apply online, in person, by mail or by fax.
- Submit an online application through C4Yourself.
- Pick up an application any weekday from 8 AM to 5 PM at our Self Sufficiency Services office, at:
2751 Napa Valley Corporate Drive
Napa, CA 94558
- Call us at 707-253-4511 (toll-free at 800-464-4514) to ask us to mail an application to you. You can mail it or fax it back to us.
- Fax an application back to us at 707-253-6095.
While an eligibility worker can tell you exactly what you will need, you may be asked to provide things like:
- Identification (does not need to be a picture identification)
- Social Security number
- Proof of any income
- Proof of expenses - rent, childcare, child support paid, medical expenses, etc.
Where Do I Turn in My Application?
- Apply Online
- Fax your application to 707-253-6095
- Mail your application to one of our offices
- Call us for help at 707-253-4511 (toll-free at 800-464-4514)