Napa County Suicide Prevention Council
In November 2017, Napa County HHSA Mental Health Division and Aldea’s Courage Village partnered to establish the Napa County Suicide Prevention Council.
The Council’s purpose is to support existing local suicide prevention and stigma reduction efforts, identify and fill gaps in suicide prevention approaches, and develop an overarching County suicide prevention plan. All of these activities are designed to support the elimination of suicide in Napa County.
If you are experiencing a crisis please call the 24 hour Mental Health Crisis Hotline at 707-253-4711
The suicide prevention messaging campaign, Suicide Impacts Us All, is the Council’s first public activity. It is designed to increase awareness of the impact of suicide upon its victims, their friends and family and community. Awareness is the first step to reduce the fear and isolation individuals at-risk of dying by suicide experience and enable them to seek help. It raises awareness in all of us, so that we are able to reach out to friends and family, who are in pain, to support them on their path to wellness.
This campaign will evolve between May-Mental Health Month and September-Suicide Prevention Month, ending on International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day, November 17. Please join us to end suicide in Napa County.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Napa County Probation Department
- Napa County Public Health Division
- Napa Valley College
- Ole Health
- Teens Connect @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Napa County Alcohol & Drug Services Division
- Napa County Sheriff’s Office
- Napa Valley Unified School District
- New Tech High School
- Puertas Abiertas
- Napa County citizens who have been impacted by suicide @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>