Welcome & Department Responsibilities
Welcome to the Auditor-Controller section of our website. The Auditor-Controller is the elected chief financial officer of the County, responsible for maintaining the accounts of County government, Joint Powers Authorities (JPA's) and various Special Districts. We work hard to ensure the County, JPA's and Special Districts that we serve are in compliance with policies and regulations so that tax payer dollars, grants and other revenue sources are being spent appropriately and in accordance with law.
Message From Tracy A. Schulze, Auditor-Controller
I am very proud to lead a dedicated team responsible for a variety of tasks, including:
- Allocating property taxes;
- Processing payments and payroll for the County, JPA’s and Special Districts;
- Managing County bond issuances;
- Maintaining County financial records and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Preparing financial reports for the County, State and Federal authorities;
- Compiling and monitoring the County’s budgeted revenues and appropriations;
- Performing internal audits of County Departments;
- Providing accounting services and support to JPA’s and Special Districts.
The Auditor-Controller’s mission is - “To maintain the financial integrity of Napa County by effectively providing oversight through accounting policies, procedures, systems, internal controls and audits for the benefit of County Departments, JPA's, Special Districts and the citizens of Napa County.”
If you are not able to find the information that you are looking for on this site, please do not hesitate to contact us. I sincerely appreciate your interest.
~ Tracy A. Schulze, Auditor-Controller