Concealed Weapons Permit
The Concealed Weapon Permit applications site can be used to apply for a new permit, renew an existing permit or modify an existing permit.
This online application process is provided by a third-party vendor and greatly increases the efficiency and timeline of the permit process. They charge a $4 fee for their services. For more information, visit the permit application site and scroll down to “Application Information”.
NOTICE TO ALL CCW PERMIT HOLDERS: Pursuant to Penal Code Section 26210 and CCW Bureau Policies and Procedures, all CCW Permit Holders are required to notify the CCW Bureau of any change in residency, temporary or permanent, within 10 days of the date they move by submitting an online Modification Application for an address change (note: please upload only the documents associated with a change of address; it is not necessary to upload training and qualification documents for an address change only). Please follow the instructions for submitting a Modification Application for an address change on the online website (https://napaca.permitium.com/ccw/start). FAILURE TO DO SO RENDERS YOUR CCW PERMIT INVALID!!
Training Requirements: Renewal training and New Permit training must be completed within six months of the issuance of the CCW Permit. New Applicants are directed NOT to take their training and qualification courses prior to receiving contingent approval of their application. The following is an overview of training requirements necessary to obtain or renew a CCW Permit in Napa County:
New CCW Permits: 16-hour training course that includes instruction on firearm safety and the law regarding the permissible use of a firearm. You must qualify with each firearm you want listed on your CCW Permit (maximum 3 firearms).
CCW Permit Renewals (every 2 years): Prior to renewal, complete a 4-hour legal firearms update refresher course. Qualify with each firearm you want listed on your CCW Permit.
Range Qualifications: You must qualify biennially (every two years) or upon renewal of your permit with the firearms listed on your permit. If you want to add or remove firearms from your permit, a qualification is required on each firearm you want listed on the permit.
Range training and qualification courses must be completed by an instructor certified by one of the following:
1. The California Department of Justice
2. The California Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Security and Investigative Services
Pursuant to the passage of AB 2103 which becomes effective January 1, 2019, all Firearms Instructors must comply with the Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Security and Security and Investigative Services course of fire.
You must utilize one of the authorized vendors listed below:
- Big Ranch Defensive Firearm Training – Contact John Staggs (707) 291-7275 or Tom Butler (707) 815-0985
- Napa Rifle and Pistol Club – Contact Jack Jennings at (707) 479-0337 or email@example.com
- Dobbs Firearm Training – Contact Charles Dobbs at (888) 486-0250.
- 29 Outdoor Gear – 3421 Broadway A5, American Canyon, CA 94503 – Contact Jerry Kunzman at (707) 647-2511, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CCW Shooters – 1859 Masera Ct, Yuba City, CA 95993 – Contact Michael Cordisco at (916) 207-7350, email@example.com
- Peter Koch Associates – 1281 Andersen Drive, Suite K, San Rafael, CA 94901 (415) 457-6900
- Baptist Security Training (BST) – Contact Frazier Baptist at (707) 386-2689
- Defensive Accuracy, LLC – PO Box 3094, San Leandro, CA 94578 – Contact Denise King at (408) 687-3791
- Kennedy Consulting – 9701 Fair Oaks Blvd., Suite 100, Fair Oaks CA 95628. Phone (530) 617-1GUN Website: jonkennedyconsulting.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safe Firearms Education, LLC – 171 Branham Ln, Suite 10 #159, San Jose, CA 95136. Phone (408) 384-8598 Website: www.SafeFirearmsEducation.com Email: bertrand.blanc@SafeFirearmsEducation.com