Residential-Business Camera Registration
The residential and business security camera database will assist the Napa County Sheriff's Office with investigations. All information collected is confidential and will only be used for official purposes by the Napa County Sheriff's Office.
If you would like to register your address as a location in Napa County with exterior cameras, please complete the form below. If something happens in the area, an officer will contact you to see if your camera(s) contain any video that may be helpful in their investigation.
About the Security Camera Registry Program
- The security camera registry program, is a part of the Sheriff’s Office crime prevention strategy
- This program will partner residents, neighborhoods and local businesses to help keep our community safe and help solve crime
How It Works
- The Napa Sheriff’s Office is asking residents and local businesses across the county to register their privately owned security camera systems
- As the Sheriff’s Office responds to criminal incidents in our community, they may be able to use the information or footage gathered from the security cameras to assist in the apprehension and prosecution of the criminals involved
Benefits of Registering Your Camera
- The Napa Sheriff’s Office is committed to our partnership with residents and business owners ◦Many residents and local business owners currently operate security camera systems on their property
- When crimes occur in their area, a resident or business owner may not even be aware that their security system may have captured information that could help solve a crime
- In an effort to keep our community safe, security systems that may possess potentially vital information to keep our community safe should be registered with the Napa Sheriff’s Office
- You will only be contacted by the Napa Sheriff’s Office if there is a criminal incident in the vicinity of your security camera
- If necessary, Sheriff’s Investigators may request to view your camera footage in order to assist in the investigation
- Questions regarding the security camera registry, may be directed to the Napa Sheriff’s Office at (707) 253-4440