There is a significant demand on testing nationwide that is causing delays in lab processing and the timely delivery of test results.
The testing site at the Napa Expo is run by the State of California through a contract with life sciences and healthcare company Verily. Verily’s Project Baseline provides the mass COVID-19 testing in Napa County, and we were fortunate to be identified by the State as one of over eighty mass test sites in California.
After a test is administered, Verily sends its tests to one of the two most commonly used labs in California, Quest Diagnostics or LabCorp. The lab then sends results to PWN Health, a telemedicine group responsible for providing medical oversight. Because of the current high demand for testing, test results can be delayed—sometimes up to two weeks or more. Napa County is notified of test results once the lab results are electronically reported to the California Department of Public Health’s system, “CalREDIE.”
Napa County leadership understands and shares the public’s frustration over the delay in test results. Napa County continues to engage with the State of California on seeking solutions to the backlog of test results. However, given the nationwide demand for tests, this is a challenge that requires solutions beyond the State of California. We thank you for your continued patience and for your understanding of the County’s role in the testing process.
More information: What to Do While Waiting for Test Results
If you need to schedule a test and have symptoms, please contact your primary care provider if you cannot schedule a test online.
- Request a COVID-19 test appointment
- CORE/Verily & Napa County Public Health Test JULY & AUGUST calendars
- COVID-19 Testing Locations in Napa County English (PDF) & Spanish (PDF)
Or, If you need assistance or need to register a minor for testing, please call (707) 253-4540 to schedule your appointment (bilingual staff available).
- COVID-19 Testing FAQs: English (PDF) & Spanish (PDF)
- Updated COVID-19 Testing Guidance English (PDF) & Spanish (PDF)
- What happens when someone is COVID-19 positive? English (PDF) & Spanish (PDF)
- Diagram of how Contact Tracing Works (PDF)
- The investigation process for a positive COVID-19 case: English (PDF) & Spanish (PDF)