Library COVID-19 Updates
Now Available! Schedule an appointment online to visit the Napa Main branch:
To schedule an appointment to visit one of our other branches, please give us a call.
Updated September 14, 2020
FAQs en Español (PDF) - Updated 9/1/2020
All library branches are now open by appointment. We are excited to invite you back into our buildings in a way that balances safety and access to our many resources.
Appointments can be scheduled for one hour per day and can be made up to one week in advance. When you arrive for your appointment, please observe social distancing guidelines by standing on the markers. Shortly before your appointment, staff will review library guidelines and check you in. Face coverings are required for all patrons ages 2 and older. Library staff will remind you when the final five minutes of your appointment remains.
Thank you for following the guidelines and for your patience and flexibility as we enter this new phase together.
What hours will the libraries be open for appointments?
Napa Main Library:
Monday through Saturday: 10 am − 6 pm
Sunday: 1 pm − 5 pm
What safety precautions are being taken?
- Patrons and staff are required to wear masks while inside the Library
- Hand sanitizer throughout the building, including before entry
- Increased cleaning, particularly in high use areas
- Plexiglas at service desks
- Returned items are quarantined for 96 hours before being handled and re-shelved
- Books browsed but not checked out will be quarantined before being re-shelved
- Social distancing required with a limited number of patrons in each hour based on building size
- Limited seating
What library services will be available when I visit?
- Material browsing and checkout
- One-hour computer reservations
- Printing, copying, scanning and faxing
- Magazines for checkout only, no browsing
- No newspapers at this time
- Friends of the Library lobby book sale self-service (no change available)
Can I return library items?
Yes, library items can be returned on the following days:
- American Canyon Library: Mondays and Tuesdays (until full)
- Calistoga Library: Thursday – Saturday (until full)
- Napa Main Library: Fridays and Saturdays (until full)
- Yountville Library: Thursday – Saturday (until full)
Will curbside pickup still be available?
Yes, all locations will continue to make items available for curbside pickup.
How does curbside pick-up work?
If you have an item on hold:
- You will be notified by email or phone that your item on hold is available for pickup during curbside pickup hours.
- In Napa: Upon arrival at the library, park in a designated curbside parking space, phone library staff at (707) 253-4220, and provide them with your name, library card, and parking space number.
- In our other locations, we will handle this process slightly differently to accommodate their exterior parking and space issues. Please call your branch on arrival:
- American Canyon Library: (707) 644-1136
- Calistoga Library: (707) 942-4833
- Yountville Library: (707) 944-1888
- Items will be checked out to you in advance and staged in a bag for your convenience. Staff will deliver the bag to your parking space.
What days and hours will libraries be open for curbside pickup?
American Canyon Library
Monday − Saturday: 10 AM − 5:45 PM
Friday and Saturday: 10 AM − 5:45 PM
Napa Main Library
Monday − Saturday: 10 AM − 5:45 PM
Sunday: 1 − 4:45 PM
Thursday and Friday: 10 AM − 5:45 PM
Can I drop off donations?
The Friends of the Napa Library are accepting limited donations. Please call (707) 253-4614 with any questions.
What about library events?
I’m not ready to come into the library yet. How else can I access library services?
We’re here to help by phone, email ([email protected]), and live chat on our website. We offer more than 2 dozen online resources, including e-books, audiobooks, movies, music, and more. Please call (707) 253-4241 for more information.
March 20, 2020
What is a library?
Is it books in a building or is it something more?
You might not know our names when you come in each week, but you know our faces. And we know yours. The mom with her daughters that dashes in between after school activities to pick up the hottest kids series and a couple of things for herself. The morning regular who makes their way through all the daily papers and tells us about the crossword stumper they finally figured out. The teens crowding around tables to work on a project and then end up laughing about the crazy thing one of their friends did during lunch break. And the family that finds themselves in when an evening storytime begins and then become fixtures on Wednesday nights.
Libraries are books in a building, but they’re so much more and over the next few weeks we’re going to make sure the same things that bring you into our doors are available to you at home and waiting for you when we all return.
We wish you, your family and friends all the best,
- The Napa County Library
¿Qué es una biblioteca?
¿Es solo un edificio con libros o es algo más?
Es posible que no sepa nuestros nombres cuando nos visita cada semana, pero conoce nuestras caras. Y nosotros conocemos la suya. La mamá con sus hijas que corre a la biblioteca entre las actividades extracurriculares para sacar prestada la serie de libros infantiles más popular y un par de cosas para sí misma. El cliente regular que va cada mañana y lee todos los periódicos y nos cuenta sobre el difícil crucigrama que finalmente resolvió. Los adolescentes que están amontonados alrededor de las mesas para trabajar en un proyecto y que luego terminan riéndose sobre una cosa loca que hizo uno de sus amigos durante la hora del almuerzo. Y la familia que está en la biblioteca por casualidad, cuando comienza la hora de cuentos, y luego se convierten en visitantes regulares que van a la biblioteca todos los miércoles por la noche.
Las bibliotecas son edificios con libros, pero son mucho más que eso, y en las próximas semanas nos aseguráremos de que las mismas cosas que le trajeron hasta nuestras puertas, estén disponibles en casa y estarán esperándole cuando todos nosotros regresemos.
Les deseamos todo lo mejor a usted, a su familia y a sus amigos.
- La Biblioteca del Condado de Napa