Enroll as an IHSS Provider
How to Enroll as an IHSS Care Provider
- Go to the
- Create an account (Important! be sure to write down your username, password, and answers to the security questions).
- Watch the mandatory videos.
- Schedule an appointment.
- Complete a fingerprint background check*** (Click here for a list of vendors) How to Enroll as an IHSS Care ProviderThe IHSS Registry of ProvidersActive Providers How to Enroll as an IHSS Care ProviderThe IHSS Registry of ProvidersActive Providers How to Enroll as an IHSS Care ProviderThe IHSS Registry of ProvidersActive Providers
- Bring your original social security card and valid government-issued photo ID to your appointment.
*** For more information about background check requirements and exclusionary crimes, please check out the following resources:
The IHSS Registry of Providers
Become an IHSS Registry Provider
Individuals can become IHSS Registry Providers in 3 easy steps:
PDF PDF PDF PDF
Once you are activated as an IHSS provider, you'll be sent a letter in the mail with your provider number.
If you have an IHSS Recipient that you would like to work for, please fill out the following form and return it to our office.
- SOC 426A, PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF
- PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF SOC 426A Español PDF PDF PDF
We recommend all providers enroll in eTimesheets, a portal for IHSS Providers and Recipients, for all of your payroll needs. You can fill out timesheets, print paycheck stubs, set up direct deposit, and more. Providers that do not sign up for eTimesheets will automatically be enrolled in the Telephonic Timesheet System. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance enrolling in eTimesheets.