Enroll as an IHSS Provider
How to Enroll as an IHSS Care Provider
- Go to the
- Create an account (Important! be sure to write down your username, password, and answers to the security questions).
- Watch the mandatory videos.
- Schedule an appointment.
- Complete a fingerprint background check*** (Click here for a list of vendors) How to Enroll as an IHSS Care ProviderThe IHSS Registry of ProvidersActive Providers How to Enroll as an IHSS Care ProviderThe IHSS Registry of ProvidersActive Providers How to Enroll as an IHSS Care ProviderThe IHSS Registry of ProvidersActive Providers
- Bring your original social security card and valid government-issued photo ID to your appointment.
*** For more information about background check requirements and exclusionary crimes, please check out the following resources:
PDF PDF PDF PDF
Once you are activated as an IHSS provider, you'll be sent a letter in the mail with your provider number.
The IHSS Provider wage is increasing to $16.45 effective January 1, 2022.
If you have an IHSS Recipient that you would like to work for, please fill out the following form and return it to our office.
- SOC 426A, PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF
- PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF SOC 426A Español PDF PDF PDF
We recommend all providers enroll in eTimesheets, a portal for IHSS Providers and Recipients, for all of your payroll needs. You can fill out timesheets, print paycheck stubs, set up direct deposit, and more. Providers that do not sign up for eTimesheets will automatically be enrolled in the Telephonic Timesheet System. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance enrolling in eTimesheets.
The public health order dated September 28th, 2021 issued by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) requires certain IHSS providers to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine by November 30, 2021.
This order applies to all IHSS Providers, unless:
- You live in the same household as the IHSS Recipient(s) you are working for.
- You are providing IHSS services to a family member outside of your household and no one else.
- You have received an official vaccine exemption (see Exemptions below)
This order does not apply to IHSS Recipients. IHSS Recipients DO need to verify the vaccination status of their providers, or approve any exemption requests.
- You may be exempted from the vaccine requirement if you have a qualified medical reason or for your religious beliefs:
- You must provide your recipient a signed copy of the COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Form. You may be required to provide additional information. Click here to learn more.
Are you looking for the most up-to-date information about Covid-19 vaccines, including where you can find them? Click here to learn more.
Covid-19 Sick Leave
A new State law passed on February 9th, 2022, which provides the COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave benefit for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) and Waiver Personal Care Services (WPCS) providers between January 1, 2022 and September 30, 2022.
Providers who meet certain criteria are entitled to the benefit. There are two banks:
- Part A, is available for providers to receive up to the number of hours they work in a 2-week pay period (maximum of 40 hours). Part A may only be claimed if the provider meets the criteria. See the form for more information.
- Part B, is available for those who tested positive or are caring for a family member who tested positive. Under Part Bproviders can receive up to the number of hours they work in a 2-week pay period (maximum of 40 hours).
If you are an active IHSS Provider from January 1, 2022 and September 30, 2022, and miss work because of the reasons listed above, complete and submit this form to the IHSS Payroll Department at [email protected].
How to Enroll as an IHSS Care ProviderThe IHSS Registry of ProvidersActive Providers How to Enroll as an IHSS Care ProviderThe IHSS Registry of ProvidersActive Providers How to Enroll as an IHSS Care ProviderThe IHSS Registry of ProvidersActive Providers