Waiting for Test Results?
If you have been tested and are awaiting results, please follow these protocols
- COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation | CDC
- Guidance on Isolation and Quarantine for COVID-19 Contact Tracing (ca.gov)
If you are experiencing symptoms:
- Even if you are fully vaccinated isolate yourself at home and away from your household members to the extent possible and wear a mask to cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Get tested for COVID-19 and DO NOT go to work or public places until you receive test results.
- Begin making a list of people you had close contact with in the 48 hours before symptoms started and up until the time you isolated at home. Close contacts are those you were within 6 feet of you for more than 15 minutes with or without face coverings.
- Seek advice from your primary care provider by phone or telehealth.
- Call 911 if you experience difficulty breathing or have a medical emergency and tell them that you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
If you are not experiencing symptoms but have had a direct exposure to a positive case:
- Self-Quarantine in your home and monitor for symptoms for at least 10 days. The local public health agency can help you calculate your quarantine period as dates may vary.
- People who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms.
- Unvaccinated people should test 5-7 days after an exposure to ensure a more accurate result. You may need to test again if you tested too early.
- Fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative.
- It is advised that you do not go to work or public places until test results return.
- If you do go to public places, wear a face covering at all times and maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from those not in your household.
- Begin making a list of people you were in close contact with in the 48 hours prior to testing up to the present time. Close contacts are those you were within 6 feet of for more than 15 minutes without face coverings.
- Watch for fever (100.4◦F), cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19.
If possible, stay away from people you live with, especially people who are at higher risk for getting very sick from COVID-19.
General COVID-19 Information
For more local information about coronavirus please visit our COVID-19 Testing page.
For information on local resources and support services during the pandemic visit: readynapacounty.org or call 707-253-4540.
For more information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on what to do if you have been in close contact and/or live with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.