Mt. Veeder Road Bridge MPM 2.13 Project, RDS 20-26
- Status: Bidding
- Contact: Daniel Basore
- Publish Date: July 27, 2020
The project consists of a new cast-in-place (CIP) 25-feet long by 22’-4" wide reinforced concrete slab bridge supported on case-in-frilled-holes (CIDH) piles that will span over the existing bridge. The new bridge will provide two 11’ wide travel lanes, and new bridge rails on both sides. The existing guardrails will be replaced and the bridge roadway approaches will be constructed. The work at the site general consists of:
- Mobilization, Staging Area Set Up
- Implementation of Erosion and Sediment Control Best Management Practices (BMP)
- Construction Area Signs per CAMUTCD standards and Special Provisions
- Temporary Traffic Control per CAMUTCD standards and Special Provisions
- Clearing and grubbing that includes tree trimming and removal (as shown on the plans)
- Roadway excavation and grading, backfill for the new bridge
- Structural excavation and backfill for the new bridge
- Protection of the existing stone bridge during construction activities
- Installation and construction of CIDH pilings
- Construction of Cast-In-Place slab bridge and abutments
- Rock Slope Protection
- Utility Coordination
- Crane height restriction applies due to existing overhead utilities. Contractor shall review the site constraint for overhead utilities and pole and determine appropriate crane and equipment requirements
- Equipment weight limits apply in the vicinity of the existing stone bridge. Contractor shall review the site constraint and determine appropriate
- Auxiliary work shown on the plans and as directed by engineer.
- All construction activities including any temporary staging shall occur within the County right of way unless directed otherwise by the engineer.
- Final Clean up
- Project Closeout
Contractor shall possess a Class A License at the time of contract award. The Engineer’s estimate for this project is $400,000.
The Notice to Contractors, Plans and Specifications are available below.