2020 LNU Fire Damage Repair - Signs Replacement Project, RDS 20-37
- Status: Evaluation/Review
- Contact: Graham Wadsworth
- Publish Date: October 1, 2020
During the 2020 LNU Lightning complex fire, the fire damaged or destroyed signs on roads. Repalce 143 signs and 92 posts, which includes 62 signs and 30 posts on non-federal aid roads, 72 signs and 42 posts on federal aid roads, and 9 signs and 20 posts on State Highways 121 and 128. Most of the signs are yellow "warning" signs and brown "Recreational" signs. There are several green street name signs and black and white "Regulatory" signs. See the inventory of signs.
Contractor shall possess a Class "A" or "D-42 Non-Electrical Sign Installation" license at the time of contract award. The Engineer construction estimate for this project is $40,000. There is a voluntary prebid meeting. Addendum 2 has been added.
The Bid documents are available for viewing and download. Addendum 1 has been added. Mandatory Bidder's list as of 10-14-20. Addendum 2 has been added. The bid opening was on October 22, 2020 at 11:30 am. The project is under Evaluation/Review. The 3 lowest bidders subcontractor lists have been posted. The bid summary has been posted.
A mandatory bidder's list is required to participate as the prime contractors for this project. Deadline to contact Graham Wadsworth is October 19 at 5 pm. Please see Addendum 1 for information on the Mandatory Bidder's list deadline.
|Contractor||Location||Total Base Bid|
|Statewide Safety Systems||Fairfield, CA||$54,340.00|
|Farwest Safety, Inc.||Lodi, CA||$64,650.00|
|McGuire - Pacific Constructors||Auburn, CA||$88,625.00|
|Dekan Construction Corp.||Santa Paula, CA||$118,500.00|
- RDS 20-37 Notice to Contractor Revised (PDF)
- RDS 20-37 LNU Fire Sign Replacement Specs (PDF)
- RDS 20-37 Appendix A - Sign Locations and Replacements (PDF)
- RDS 20-37 Appendix B - Image of Signs (PDF)
- RDS 20-37 Appendix C - Maps of Signs (PDF)
- RDS 20-37 LNU Fire Signs Replacement - Addendum 1 (PDF)
- RDS 20-37 Bidders List 10-14-20 (PDF)
- RDS 20-37 LNU Fire Signs Replacement - Addendum 2 (PDF)