Phase I and Phase II Documents and Instructions

Please review the information below regarding Phase I and Phase II programs currently available to Napa County properties impacted by the Hennessey (LNU Lightning Complex) Fire and Glass Fire incidents. As additional information becomes available, updates will be posted here. 

Para obtener información y apoyo en español, llame a la línea de información del Condado de Napa al 707-299-1350.  

Hennessey Fire and Glass Fire
For the Hennessey Fire and Glass Fire, non-residential property owners are not eligible for the Phase I government HHW assessment or Phase II debris and ash removal for these incidents. Non-residential property owners must prepare and submit a Debris and Ash Removal (DAR) Application and Plan covering both Phase I and Phase II requirements for approval by Napa County Planning, Building and Environmental Services (PBES). Property owner must hire a certified contractor to ensure work is performed in accordance with the plan requirements. After non-residential property owners have reviewed and prepared their DAR Application and Plans, they should then use our online system (link below) to schedule an appointment with Napa county Planning, Building and Environmental Services (PBES) to review the DAR Application and Plan for completeness. Additional requirement for structures built before 1990: owners must have the property assessed by a Certified Asbestos Abatement Consultant; any asbestos identified by the consultant must be removed by a licensed Asbestos Abatement Contractor. The consultant's report and documentation of the proper disposal is required.

For general questions about debris removal processes, please call the Napa County PBES Wildfire Assistance Hotline (707) 299-1350. For additional information regarding Phase I and Phase II, including Frequently Asked Questions, please visit the County's Fire Debris Information page

Documents and Information:

Debris and Ash Removal (DAR) Application and Plan with Instructions (Spanish) and DAR Plan Submittal Instructions(Spanish)

Authorized Agent Form

Schedule a DAR Plan Review appointment with PBES

Small Structure Debris and Ash Removal(Spanish) For properties that only suffered minimal damage to a small structure less than 120 ft.2 in size and you need to remove that debris and ash.

Certified Asbestos and Hazardous Waste Removal and Transportation Firms 2020 (PDF)*
* Napa County is compiling a list of contractors available to assist with Private Cleanup operations under an approved Debris and Ash Removal (DAR) plan.  If you are a licensed contractor and wish to be included on this list please call (707) 299-1350 or email [email protected] and provide your name, license # and contact information.  Please note: the contractors listed are not affiliated with Napa County and this list is provided as information only; it is not intended to be legal advice or an endorsement of any service or entity and Napa County cannot guarantee the services. Property owners are advised to verify that contractors and consultants have appropriate licenses for the work being done and that they have adequate insurance, with the property owner included as an additional insured under the contractor’s insurance policy, for the cleanup work. 
Check a Contractor License at the Contractors' State License Board Website or go to