- Planning, Building & Environmental Services
- Natural Resources Division
- Groundwater Sustainability
The Napa County Groundwater Sustainability Agency oversees Groundwater Sustainability in the County. The Agency is also in charge of creating and carrying out a Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) for the Napa Valley Subbasin. The Groundwater Sustainability Plan Advisory Committee (GSPAC) helped the Agency create the GSP.
The GSP includes policies and recommendations for taking care of and protecting groundwater within the Subbasin for the long term. The GSA submitted the adopted GSP to DWR for review on January 31, 2022.
Has your well run dry? Report it here
• Well Permit Standards and WAA Requirements – Jan 6, 2023
• Figure 1: Significant Streams for Tier 3
• Figure 1-1: Napa Valley Subbasin map
• Water Availability Analysis (WAA), May 12, 2015
Everyone in Napa County relies on groundwater. Rural residents and farms use groundwater. Groundwater also supports healthy watersheds. Napa County has been monitoring groundwater since the 1960s. In 2009, the monitoring work was expanded to provide a more complete picture of local conditions.
A Groundwater Sustainability Plan for the Napa Valley Subbasin has been created to make sure that we have a healthy groundwater basin now and in the future. The adopted GSP has been posted on this website.
There are no published events in current month.