Documents and Resources
Draft GSP Sections
The GSP development process is an iterative one. Groundwater sustainability issues and draft GSP sections are presented to the GSPAC and the public, discussed, and refined over time. Online surveys are used to gather ideas and feedback on key issues. Survey feedback helps to build a stronger draft GSP. A compiled draft GSP will be released in Fall 2021 for additional public comment and input.
Read the Groundwater Sustainability Plan Draft Sections
- Section 1 - Introduction Updated 9/2020
- Section 2 - Plan Area Updated 9/2020
- Section 3 - Water Resource & Land Use Monitoring & Management Programs Updated 11/2020
- Section 4 - Basin Setting Updated 12/2020
- Section 5 - Monitoring Network & Programs 9/2020
- Section 6 – Groundwater and Surface Water Conditions 1/2021 (77 MB)
- Section 6 – Appendices 1/2021 (118 MB)
Draft GSP Section Surveys for Public Input
Take the public surveys regarding the Groundwater Sustainability Plan Drafts.
- Comment Survey for Sections 1 & 2
- Comment Survey for Section 3
- Comment Survey for Sections 4 & 5
- Comment Survey for Section 6
Groundwater Monitoring Plans, Reports, and Surveys
The Annual Reports provide the latest information on efforts underway since 2008 by Napa County and others to implement groundwater management actions to better understand groundwater conditions, establish monitoring to track conditions, conduct education and outreach, and develop programs to assess and maintain groundwater sustainability.
- 2019 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report PDF
- 2018 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report PDF
- 2017 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report PDF
- 2016 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report PDF
- 2015 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report PDF
- 2014 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report PDF
- Map of the Napa Valley Subbasin PDF
- Groundwater Sustainability Plan Advisory Committee (GSPAC) Bylaws
- Napa Groundwater Sustainability Plan Advisory Committee (GSPAC) Ground Rules
- Napa Groundwater Sustainability Plan Advisory Committee (GSPAC) Committee Role & Charge
- 2013 Napa County Groundwater Monitoring Plan PDF
Learn about the County’s approach to tracking groundwater levels and quality.
- 2011 Napa County California Statewide Groundwater Elevation Monitoring (CASGEM) Network Plan Updated in 2014 PDF
Learn about California’s plan to monitor groundwater levels to study seasonal and long term groundwater trends in all basins and subbasins.
- 2011 Groundwater Conditions & Monitoring Recommendations PDF
Learn about the County’s plans to study groundwater conditions and trends, expand the monitoring program, and the hydrology of the Napa Valley Subbasins.
- 2010 Groundwater Stakeholder Assessment PDF
Learn about County efforts to create a plan to collaborate with well owners to gather groundwater data.
Understanding California Groundwater
- California Department of Water Resources SGMA Groundwater Management
Learn about the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act.
- California Water Code on SGMA Regulations
Find information about the California Sustainable Groundwater Management laws and regulations.
- California Code of Regulations - Groundwater Sustainability Plans
Find information about the California Groundwater Sustainability Plan laws and regulations.
- Department of Water Resources Sustainable Groundwater Management Portal
Submit, edit, and view information for the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act.
- California Department of Water Resources Sustainable Groundwater Management Program Resource Guide PDF
Learn about the Department of Water Resources climate change resources for use for developing Groundwater Sustainability Plans (GSPs).
- California Department of Water Resources – Groundwater Management
Learn about groundwater in California from the Department of Water Resources.
- Understanding California’s Groundwater – Stanford University
Learn about groundwater in the West from the Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment and the Bill Lane Center for the American West.
- Groundwater Exchange
Share ideas and learn about resources for successful implementation of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act with stakeholders, agencies, and more.
- Groundwater Resource Hub
Learn about the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) and Groundwater Dependent Ecosystems (GDEs) from The Nature Conservancy.
- Fish & Wildlife
Learn about considerations for fish and wildlife during groundwater planning from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Freshwater Wetlands
Learn about the importance of groundwater in Wetlands from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Napa County Well Owners Guide - 2017 PDF
- Private Groundwater Wells
Learn about well basics, water safety, sites, testing, and maintenance of private wells on this website from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- National Groundwater Association University Resources & Videos
Learn about your well, maintenance, and removing chemicals from your water in this video series.
- National Groundwater Association Well Owners Guide
Download a copy of the NGWA Well Owners Guide about well construction, routine maintenance, water testing, and more.