County of Napa Plans, Reports, & Documents
GSP Workplans & Related Documents
The Napa Valley Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP), approved by the California Department of Water Resources on January 26, 2023, specified the development of a series of Project and Management Actions that may be implemented to achieve and maintain sustainable groundwater conditions in the Subbasin. The GSP, through Management Actions #1 and #2, specified the need to develop both a Water Conservation Workplan and a Groundwater Pumping Reduction Workplan to help improve groundwater conditions and achieve a reduction in groundwater pumping within the Subbasin. Similarly, the GSP identified known Groundwater Dependent Ecosystems within the Subbasin and associated data gaps. These workplans address the necessary steps and actions needed to achieve groundwater sustainability. The draft Communications and Engagement Plan (CEP) update documents how the County will engage stakeholders over the coming years.
- Public comments will be accepted on the Overview and the 3 Workplans for 90 days.
- Public comments can be submitted using the Excel Comment Forms below and emailing to: [email protected]
A printed copy of all materials can be reviewed by members of the public during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed Noon to 1 p.m.) at:
Napa County, Dept. of Planning, Building and Environmental Services
1195 Third Street, 2nd Floor
Napa, CA 94559
Draft GSP Workplans - Comment Deadline: January 30, 2024
Draft Communications and Engagement Plan: Update 2023
Existing Approved Workplan
Groundwater Monitoring Plans, Reports, and Surveys
The Annual Reports provide the latest information on efforts underway since 2008 by Napa County and others to implement groundwater management actions to better understand groundwater conditions, establish monitoring to track conditions, conduct education and outreach, and develop programs to assess and maintain groundwater sustainability.
- 2022 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report
- 2021 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report
- 2020 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report
- 2019 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report
- 2018 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report
- 2017 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report
- 2016 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report
- 2015 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report
- 2014 Napa County Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report
- Compiled Grant Application Documents
- Map of the Napa Valley Subbasin
- Stakeholder Communication & Engagement Plan (CEP)
- Napa Valley Subbasin Monitoring Guidebook (PDF)
- Groundwater Sustainability Plan Advisory Committee (GSPAC) Bylaws
- Napa Groundwater Sustainability Plan Advisory Committee (GSPAC) Ground Rules
- Napa Groundwater Sustainability Plan Advisory Committee (GSPAC) Committee Role & Charge
- 2017 Northeast Napa Area: Special Groundwater Study
- 2017 Northeast Napa Special Groundwater Study - Summary and Recommendations
- 2017 Northeast Napa Special Groundwater Study - Water Budget Components
- 2017 Northeast Napa Special Groundwater Study – Presentation
- 2016 Napa Valley Subbasin Basin Analysis Report
- 2013 Napa County Groundwater Monitoring Plan
Learn about the County’s approach to tracking groundwater levels and quality.
- 2011 Napa County California Statewide Groundwater Elevation Monitoring (CASGEM) Network Plan Updated in 2014
Learn about California’s plan to monitor groundwater levels to study seasonal and long-term groundwater trends in all basins and subbasins.
- 2011 Groundwater Conditions & Monitoring Recommendations
Learn about the County’s plans to study groundwater conditions and trends, expand the monitoring program, and the hydrology of the Napa Valley Subbasins.
- 2010 Groundwater Stakeholder Assessment
Learn about County efforts to create a plan to collaborate with well owners to gather groundwater data.