Compliance Hotline: (877) 237-7319
The Napa County Compliance and Privacy Officer accepts tips and complaints from all sources about potential fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement in the Health and Human Services Agency programs. Every report received is important and evaluated for an investigation. To report compliance concerns and violations to the Napa County Compliance and Privacy Officer, the Compliance Hotline is available, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Complaints investigated include:
- Complaints from Napa County Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) employees, grantees or contractors about fraud, waste, abuse or mismanagement in HHSA programs (whistleblower complaints),
- Crime, gross misconduct, or conflicts of interest involving (HHSA) employees, grantees or contractors,
- Fraud, waste, or abuse relating to HHSA grants or contracts,
- False or fraudulent claims submitted to Medicare or Medicaid,
- Kickbacks or inducements for referrals by Medicare or Medicaid providers,
- Medical identity theft involving Medicare and/or Medicaid beneficiaries,
What You Need for Your Complaint
Provide as much information as possible about the allegation and those involved, such as:
- Name and contact information of the individual or business related to your complaint. This includes, if available, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.
- Explanation of the nature, scope, time frame and how you came to learn about the activity in question.
- The name and contact information of any individual who can help corroborate the information you are reporting.
- Supporting evidence such as e-mail communications, documents, billing records or photographs.
Disclosing Your Identity
When calling the hotline you have the following options:
- Confidential Reporting: Disclose your identity by providing your identifying information (name, contact information, etc.); the Compliance and Privacy Officer will not release any data that would identify caller.*
*Exceptions: Caller identification may be disclosed…
- If required by law (court order/subpoena)
- If required to conduct a thorough investigation
- If the concern/violation is an immediate safety concern
- Anonymous Reporting: Do not provide any identifying information (name, contact information, etc.) Note: The Compliance and Privacy Officer may not be able to complete a thorough investigation when using this option if more information is needed to proceed.
You may also contact the Napa County Compliance and Privacy Officer directly.
Compliance and Privacy Officer
2751 Napa Valley Corporate Drive
Napa, CA 94559
Phone: : 707-253-4715
Latoya AkilDeputy Director of HHSA - Quality Management & Napa County Compliance and Privacy OfficerPhone: 707-253-4715Additional Phone: Compliance Hotline: 877-237-7319