Food Assistance

NOTICE: Implementation of the ABAWD program has been placed on hold due to a court injunction to temporarily stop implementation. At this time, the new implementation date is unknown and will be updated once the injunction is no longer in place 

Food Assistance: CalFresh

The CalFresh Program, California’s version of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly known as Food Stamps), assists low-income individuals and households to purchase nutritional food.

CalFresh Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Frequently Asked Questions about CalFresh, California’s program that monthly food benefits to assist low-income households in purchasing the food they need to maintain adequate nutritional levels.