Risk Management is a division of the County Executive Office and responsible for the administration of Napa County’s self-insured and purchased insurance programs. In addition, the division recommends and monitors exposure to losses and techniques for managing the risk associated with County operations.
The Risk Management Division provides the following services and functions for Napa County:
- Obtain commercial coverage for general liability, property, medical malpractice, airport liability and special districts
- Provide indemnification and insurance requirements for agreements, contracts
- Review certificates of coverage for temporary event applications
- Manage Workers' Compensation self-insurance program and coordinate with claims administration.
- Manage and coordinate with claims administrator for liability and tort claims
- Evaluate exposures for risk for County departments
- Provide recommendations for reducing exposure to losses and techniques for managing the risk associated with County operations
Safety Officer Services
Under direction of the Risk Manager, the Safety Officer provides the following services and functions for Napa County:
- Administers the County’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Works to prevent of workplace injuries
- Provides employee ergonomic evaluations, First Aid and CPR training, new employee Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS) training and Defensive Driving training