Medical Therapy Program (MTP) / Medical Therapy Unit (MTU)
Children with physical challenges who are eligible for the California Children Services (CCS) program may receive physical and/or occupational therapy through the Medical Therapy Program (MTP). Pediatric physical and occupational therapists in the MTP specialize in providing family-centered therapy services to children with complex, chronic childhood conditions. The goal of therapy is directed toward attaining maximum function across all the environments of childhood; home, school and community.
Medical Therapy Unit
Our Medical Therapy Unit, where therapy takes place is located on the McPherson School campus in Napa. Referrals to the program can be made by parents, private physicians, specialty clinics, school nurses, hospitals or other agencies. There is no charge for the occupational and physical therapy services. Financial assistance is available for those that qualify, to help pay for durable medical equipment and bracing needs.
Services the Medical Therapy Program Provides
- Occupational and physical therapy treatment at the MTU. Services also include:
- Evaluation and custom fittings of durable medical equipment, such as wheelchairs (if financially eligible)
- Home, school and community visits as needed
- Attendance at school meetings such as Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Regular clinics with physician trained in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Who is Eligible for Occupational and Physical Therapy Services?
An individual who is:
- Birth to 21 years old
- Lives in Napa County
- Has a long-term neurologic or orthopedic physical disability such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, arthritis or muscular dystrophy that would benefit from rehabilitative services
There are no financial eligibility requirements for therapy services.
How Do You Refer & Apply?
Just like the general CCS program, anyone - a parent, teacher, doctor or case manager - can refer a child/young adult to the Medical Therapy Program. Referrals are accepted by phone, mail or fax. Once the referral is received, application will be sent to the family to complete or the family can submit the application directly. Fill out the CCS Application for Services (Parents/Legal Guardian to complete).
Submitting a Completed Application
Submit the completed application by mail or fax to:
California Children Services
2751 Napa Valley Corporate Drive
Napa, CA 94558