Housing & Homeless Services
The Housing & Homeless Services Division coordinates County initiatives and activities with the cities and other jurisdictions within the County. Housing & Homeless Services oversees the County’s housing programs and provides staff to the Board of Supervisors, including constituent relations and community liaison activities. For information concerning Section 8 rental assistance, please contact the City of Napa Housing Division at 707-257-9543.
Housing & Homeless Services manages the following programs:
- Homeless Services- Napa County offers a variety of services for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Services are coordinated by Napa County and partnering agencies through the Napa City and County Continuum of Care.
- Affordable Housing Fund - notice of funding availability (NOFA) for affordable housing projects in the County
- AADU Loan Program - forgivable loan program for homeowners building an accessory dwelling unit that meets program criteria
- Housing Fund Projects - affordable housing projects funded by the Affordable Housing Fund
- Napa County Housing Authority - farmworker centers
- Proximity Housing Loan Program - down payment assistance program to promote housing opportunities to local workforce to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and vehicle miles traveled
- Season of Sharing- The Chronicle Season of Sharing Fund, a private non-profit fund, has raised over $120 million to provide temporary financial assistance to individuals and families in crisis to pay for housing and emergency needs that cannot be met through other resources.
Home Sharing Match-Up Program
Facilitates safe home shares for homeowners with extra space in their home. The program matches these homeowners with renters who need an affordable place to live in Napa County. Napa Valley Community Housing, a local nonprofit, will conduct one-on-one interviews and criminal background checks on participants to ensure good, safe matches for homeowners and renters.