Housing & Homeless Services
The Housing & Homeless Services Division coordinates County initiatives and activities with the cities and other jurisdictions within the County. Housing & Homeless Services oversees the County’s housing programs and provides staff to the Board of Supervisors, including constituent relations and community liaison activities. For information concerning Section 8 rental assistance, please contact the City of Napa Housing Division at 707-257-9543.
Housing & Homeless Services manages the following programs:
- Affordable Housing Fund - notice of funding availability (NOFA) for affordable housing projects in the County
- Affordable Housing Task Force - multi-jurisdictional task force evaluating revenue options and future development opportunities
- Arts and Culture Advisory Committee - the committee tasked with reviewing arts and culture grant proposals
- Housing Fund Projects - affordable housing projects funded by the Affordable Housing Fund
- Napa County Housing Authority - farmworker centers
- Napa Valley Tourism Improvement District - the unincorporated County allocation (25%) of the 2% Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) assessment
- Proximity Housing Loan Program - down payment assistance program to promote housing opportunities to local workforce to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and vehicle miles traveled
- Special Projects Fund - the arts and culture and visitor management components of the Special Projects Fund
Home Sharing Match-Up Program
Facilitates safe home shares for homeowners with extra space in their home. The program matches these homeowners with renters who need an affordable place to live in Napa County. Napa Valley Community Housing, a local nonprofit, will conduct one-on-one interviews and criminal background checks on participants to ensure good, safe matches for homeowners and renters.