Planning, Building & Environmental Services
NOTICE: The DRAFT Napa County General Plan Safety Element is available for public review.
New Building Code Requirements:
- All Building permit applications received after 3:30 PM PST on Friday, Dec. 30th will be plan reviewed and permitted under the 2022 California Building Standards Code.
- New Building Code Requirements went into effect June 17, 2021 to improve fire protection for all new residential construction and rebuilds. Please refer to Ordinance No. 1468 and Resolution 2021-50 for details.,
NEW! California Senate Bill 9 (SB 9). Napa County is preparing an implementing ordinance to address California Senate Bill 9 (SB 9) that became effective January 1, 2022, and which allows within certain limited areas two-unit developments on single family residential properties or a subdivision of a single family residential lot into two lots. Please visit the Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) and Senate Bill 9 page for more information.
Maps and More: PBES Citizen Toolbox
For a one-stop-shop of all things maps and data, please visit the map explorer website or click on the map buttons (above) (please note that this app will not work in Internet Explorer).
Wildfire Recovery Information
Hennessey Fire and Glass Fire 2020 If your property was damaged or destroyed, we are here to help. Visit the Rebuilding After the Fire website for information on the clean-up and rebuilding process or visit the Local Assistance Center (LAC) website for additional fire recovery information and resources.
COVID-19 Temporary Measures
County Adopts Resolution No. 2021-16 to update COVID-19 temporary measures for health and safety business operations. To submit, please download the fillable Notice of Intent forms for Temporary Measures for COVID-19 Application Form or the Fire-Related Host Winery Business Operations Application, and then upload the completed form(s) to our PBES cloud services here and PBES staff will be notified that it has been submitted.
For current County Bid Opportunities visit the Napa County Procurement Webpage
- Frequently Asked Questions about Measure D (PDF)
- Available: Check out our online permit options for licensed contractors.
- Notice! The Planning, Building and Environmental Services Department has completed scanning all property records and have converted them to electronic records, which are available on the County website via the Electronic Document Retrieval. Please note, In some cases the electronic copies can only be viewed in our office due to copyright restrictions.
- Notice! Latest Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Flood Mapping - Floodplain
- Updated: Wastewater System (AB 885)
- New: Agricultural Protection Advisory Committee (APAC)
- New: Napa County BOS Comment Letter_Fire Safe Regulations 3/17/2021 (PDF)
- Notice! Update to Water Availability Analysis