- Planning, Building & Environmental Services
Planning, Building & Environmental Services
NEW! Well Permitting Standards for Napa County
NOTICE: New Building Code Requirements:
- All Building permit applications submitted are now being reviewed and permitted under the 2022 California Building Standards Code.
- New Building Code Requirements went into effect June 17, 2021 to improve fire protection for all new residential construction and rebuilds. Please refer to Ordinance No. 1468 and Resolution 2021-50 for details.
NOTICE: Expiration of COVID-19 Temporary Measures. At the onset of the COVID state of emergency, the Governor Newsom required businesses to ensure that all business activities were safely conducted with adequate physical distancing. In response, where permitted activities could not be conducted safely indoors, the County policy adopted under Resolution No. 2021-16 allowed businesses to conduct activities outdoors in temporary, alternate on-site areas to help maintain their existing business activities until the state of emergency was terminated. The County policy requires that businesses resume normal pre-COVID indoor activities by April 30, 2023, or for those that submitted a Notice of Intent to Participate in the temporary program who wish to retain temporary uses, participants would need to complete and submit an application for a Use Permit Modification by May 30, 2023. For additional details and guidance, please see the Frequently Asked Questions related to the expiration of Temporary COVID policies.
NOTICE: The Final Draft Napa County General Plan Safety Element is available for public review.
Maps and More: PBES Citizen Toolbox
For a one-stop-shop of all things maps and data, please visit the map explorer website or click on the map buttons (above) (please note that this app will not work in Internet Explorer).
- Frequently Asked Questions about Measure D (PDF)
- Available: Check out our online permit options for licensed contractors.
- Notice! The Planning, Building and Environmental Services Department has completed scanning all property records and have converted them to electronic records, which are available on the County website via the Electronic Document Retrieval. Please note, In some cases the electronic copies can only be viewed in our office due to copyright restrictions.
- Notice! Latest Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Flood Mapping - Floodplain
- Updated: Wastewater System (AB 885)
- New: Agricultural Protection Advisory Committee (APAC)
- New: Napa County BOS Comment Letter_Fire Safe Regulations 3/17/2021 (PDF)
- Notice! Update to Water Availability Analysis
- California Senate Bill 9 (SB 9). Napa County is preparing an implementing ordinance to address California Senate Bill 9 (SB 9) that became effective January 1, 2022, and which allows within certain limited areas two-unit developments on single family residential properties or a subdivision of a single family residential lot into two lots. Please visit the Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) and Senate Bill 9 page for more information.
- Wildfire Recovery Information. If your property was damaged or destroyed by a wildfire, we are here to help. Visit the Rebuilding After the Fire website for information on the clean-up and rebuilding process or visit the Local Assistance Center (LAC) website for additional fire recovery information and resources.
- Bid Opportunities. For current County Bid Opportunities visit the Napa County Procurement Webpage