Climate Action Plan
The Napa County Department of Planning, Building, and Environmental Services (PBES) has been working to develop a Climate Action Plan (CAP) for the County for several years. The CAP is intended to quantify and reduce green house gas (GHG) emissions in unincorporated Napa County, and its adoption would implement an "action item" from the County's 2008 General Plan Update.
A proposed CAP was recommended for adoption by the Planning Commission in early 2012 and later considered by the Board of Supervisors, who sent the document back for further review. Among other things, the Board requested that the CAP be revised to better address transportation emissions, and to "credit" past accomplishments and voluntary efforts. The Board also requested that the Planning Commission consider "best practices (PDF)" when reviewing projects until a revised CAP can be prepared and adopted.
The Commission's current list of best practices was developed with stakeholder input during the spring of 2013 and can be found online (PDF). Project applicants are requested to consider these best practices and submit this checklist along with applications for discretionary approvals (e.g. use permits and use permit modifications).
In July 2015, a contract was awarded to Ascent Environmental to assist PBES staff in completing a CAP which addresses the concerns with the previous effort, is legally defensible, and meets all applicable State requirements.
The first step will be to review and update existing information related to GHG inventory, methodology, and forecasts.
Please see the project events, below, for times and location of public meetings. In addition to the formal public hearings before the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors, four community meetings are planned.
Interested members of the public are encouraged to attend or to email Jason Hade if they wish to provide their input or to be added to the interested parties notification list.
- Application: P11-00010
- Project Number:
- Project Class: County Projects
- Related Applications:
1995 Third Street
Napa, CA 94559
- Appendix A Revised Final Tech Memo 1 (PDF)
- Appendix B Revised Final Tech Memo 2 (PDF)
- Appendix C Vulnerability Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix D Checklist Placeholder (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan - Revised Approach Draft - August 8, 2013 (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan Public Workshop 1 Presentation (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan Revision Presentation August 22, 2013 (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan-Best Management Practices Fillable form (PDF)
- Final Appendix A Technical Memo 1 (PDF)
- Final Appendix B1 Technical Memo 2 (PDF)
- Final Appendix B2 to Napa County CAP Agriculture Sector GHG Reduction Measures (PDF)
- Final Appendix C Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment for Napa County (PDF)
- Final Appendix D Climate Action Plan Consistency Checklist (PDF)
- Final Draft Climate Action Plan (PDF)
- Final Inventory Forecast Memo 4-13-16 (PDF)
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Targets, Measures, and Gap Analysis Memo - June 23, 2016 (PDF)
- Master Responses to Public Comments Received on the Public Draft (PDF)
- Napa CAP Comments Compilation March 23, 2017 L1-L45 (PDF)
- Napa County CAP - Final Draft Redline Version (PDF)
- Public Review Draft Climate Action Plan (PDF)
- CAP BAAQMD Qualification letter (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan - Aqenda for Roundtable held July 23, 2013 (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan - Notes from the Roundtable July 23, 2013 (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan - Powerpoint presentation for the Roundtable held July 23, 2013 (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan FAQ (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan for Unincorporated Napa County: Next Steps (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan October, 9 2012 Workshop Handout (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan October, 9, 2012 Proposed Fee Mitigation Memo (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan Public Comments (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan Public Hearing Notice for April 3, 2012 (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan Public Notice (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan Roundtable Discussion July 23, 2013 (PDF)
- Climate Action Plan, CEQA Compliance (PDF)
- County of Napa Guide to Electrical Vehicle Needs for Commercial and Residential Buildings (PDF)
- Draft 2014 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory (PDF)
- Draft Climate Action Plan (PDF)
- Greenhouse Gas Checklist (PDF)
- Napa County Climate Action Plan - March 2012 (PDF)
- Napa County Climate Action Plan October 9, 2012 Workshop Presentation (PDF)
- Revised Climate Action Plan, October 31, 2011 (PDF)