In-Home Support Services Public Authority
What We Do
- Information and Assistance to In-Home Support Services (IHSS) providers and recipients.
- Provide a list of screened home care providers for IHSS recipients to interview.
- Recipient/care provider mediation and conflict resolution.
- Maintain a registry of care providers.
- Care provider recruitment.
- Provide training opportunities for providers on CPR / First Aid, caregiving skills, best practices, communication, and other relevant topics.
- The IHSS Public Authority is the “Employer of Record” for all IHSS providers for the purposes of collective bargaining and working conditions.
Who Can Be a Provider
Potential providers must submit an application, complete an interview, pass a DOJ background check (including criminal record) and complete a virtual orientation and registry requirements overview. Employment hours are flexible and are determined by the individual recipient who is authorized to receive IHSS.
Covid 19 Update
Effective 3/15/2021 - IHSS recipients ages16-64 are eligible to receive a COVID vaccine and care providers may be eligible to receive payment for taking their recipient to the vaccine appointment.
Caregiver Resources & Support Groups
Additional Caregiver Information & Resources
If you are working as a caregiver outside of the IHSS program, you'll need to complete the Caregiver Registration process. Visit our Caregiver Registration webpage to learn who needs to register as a caregiver in Napa County and to learn how to verify if your caregiver is registered.