In-Home Support Services Public Authority
During the Shelter at Home Public Health Order, the IHSS Public Authority will continue to offer provider orientations virtually and will be responding to provider questions and concerns via telephone only. Replacement timesheets may be issued by mail only. If you are a recipient in a need of a list of registry care providers, please call 707-259-8359 or click here to email the Public Authority. COVID-19 Update COVID-19 Update COVID-19 Update COVID-19 Update COVID-19 Update
Includes the steps and materials to complete your provider enrollment process.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
What We Do
- Provide information and assistance to In-Home Support Services (IHSS) clients who need help selecting a home care provider
- Maintain a Registry of Care Providers
- Provide a list of screened home care providers for IHSS clients to interview
- Help IHSS clients conduct interviews to help them choose a qualified and compatible home care provider
- Provide training opportunities for providers on CPR / First Aid, caregiving skills, best practices, communication, and other relevant topics
- Provide opportunities for caregiver support
- Conflict resolution
- The IHSS Public Authority is the “Employer of Record” for all IHSS providers for the purposes of collective bargaining and working conditions
Who Can Be a Provider
Potential providers must pass a background screening process (including criminal record) and attend program orientation. Employment hours are flexible and are determined by the individual recipient who is authorized to receive IHSS.
Become a Care Provider for the Public Authority
To apply for the Public Authority Registry please submit an application by following the link.
Submit an Application
- Please call the Public Authority at 707-259-8359 with any questions. Thank you for your interest!
Training Opportunities & Events
Caregiver Resources & Support Groups
Visit our Caregiver Registration webpage to learn who needs to register as a caregiver in Napa County and to learn how to verify if your caregiver is registered.