In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5

The Napa County In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Public Authority assists recipients and providers within the Napa County IHSS program. 

The IHSS Public Authority is embedded in the Napa County IHSS program, and works to: maintain the IHSS Registry of Providers, assist with Provider enrollment, facilitate Provider/ Recipient mediation and training, and support the IHSS Advisory Committee. 

The IHSS Registry of Providers

The IHSS Registry of Providers is a referral service that connects available IHSS Registry Providers with IHSS Recipients looking for care. 

IHSS Recipients can request a list of IHSS Registry Providers here.

Become an IHSS Registry Provider

Individuals can become IHSS Registry Providers in 3 easy steps:

1. Enroll as an IHSS Provider

2. Complete the IHSS Registry Provider Application

3. Complete a Training with IHSS Public Authority Staff

IHSS Provider Resources

Covid-19 At-home Test Kits

The Napa County IHSS Public Authority has at-home rapid Covid-19 test kits available for IHSS Providers and Recipients. Test kits will be available until our supply runs out.

These test kits will be available for pick up:

650 Imperial Way, Napa CA 94559
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.


The IHSS Provider wage in Napa County is $16.95 per hour effective January 1, 2023.

It's easy to complete IHSS timesheets online. Click here to get started.

For information and training about eTimesheets, visit the CDSS ESP Help webpage. 

EVV - Electronic Visit Verification

Beginning July 1, 2023, all IHSS and WPCS providers who do not live with their recipient are required to check-in and out at the beginning and end of each workday.

Non-Live-in Providers are able to check-in and out using either the new IHSS EVV Mobile Application (App), the Electronic Services Portal (ESP), or the Telephone Timesheet System (TTS) using the recipient’s landline telephone. 

  • There are no penalties for providers for making corrections to their timesheets in regard to check-in, check-out and location information. Providers should make corrections before submitting their electronic timesheet to their recipients.
  • There are no changes for providers that live with their recipient. Live-in providers will continue to complete and submit their electronic timesheet to their recipient for approval the same way they do today.
  • There are no changes for recipients. Recipients will continue to review and approve their provider’s electronic timesheets the same as today. The EVV requirements do not change how recipient services are authorized or how recipients receive their services.

Providers needing additional information and training about EVV may visit the CDSS website here

CDSS - IHSS Provider Resources

The State of California Department of Social Services has a number of self-help materials on their website for IHSS care providers. Click here to learn more.


1. Want to learn more about Covid-19 and how it relates to care providing? CareAcademy offers a free certification course. Click here to learn more.

2. Collabria Care offers training and resources for care providers throughout the year. Click here to learn more.

Support Groups

Finding support is just a click away

1. Collabria Care offers support groups for care providers. Click here to learn more.

Private Caregiver Registration

Napa County has a local ordinance that requires private caregivers register through the State's Home Care Aide Registry.   

Please note, you only need to register if:

1. You are a private caregiver working for pay, AND

2. You are caring for someone not receiving IHSS services, AND

3. You are providing care outside of an agency. 

If this applies to you, please click here to get started.