In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority
The IHSS Registry of Providers
Become an IHSS Registry Provider
Individuals can become IHSS Registry Providers in 3 easy steps:
IHSS Provider Resources
Covid-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Extension
A new State law passed on February 9th, 2022, which provides the COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave benefit for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) and Waiver Personal Care Services (WPCS) providers between January 1, 2022 and September 30, 2022.
Providers who meet certain criteria are entitled to the benefit. There are two banks:
- Part A, is available for providers to receive up to the number of hours they work in a 2-week pay period (maximum of 40 hours). Part A may only be claimed if the provider meets the criteria. See the form for more information.
- Part B, is available for those who tested positive or are caring for a family member who tested positive. Under Part Bproviders can receive up to the number of hours they work in a 2-week pay period (maximum of 40 hours).
Please submit this form to the IHSS Payroll Department at [email protected].
Covid-19 At-home Test Kits
Vaccination Information and Resources
The public health order dated September 28th, 2021 issued by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) requires certain IHSS providers to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine by November 30, 2021.
On December 22nd, 2021 the State Public Health Officer issued an amended order, which requires all IHSS providers to obtain a vaccine booster shot by February 1st or no later than 15 days after the recommended timeframe for receiving the booster does. The deadline to acquire the vaccine booster has been extended from February 1, 2022 to March 1, 2022.
This order applies to all IHSS Providers, unless:
- You live in the same household as the IHSS Recipient(s) you are working for.
- You are providing IHSS services to a family member outside of your household and no one else.
- You have received an official vaccine exemption (see Exemptions below)
This order does not apply to IHSS Recipients. IHSS Recipients DO need to verify the vaccination status of their providers, or approve any exemption requests.
- You may be exempted from the vaccine requirement if you have a qualified medical reason or for your religious beliefs:
- You must provide your recipient a signed copy of the COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Form. You may be required to provide additional information. Click here to learn more.
Are you looking for the most up-to-date information about Covid-19 vaccines, including where you can find them? Click here to learn more.
The IHSS Provider wage in Napa County is increasing to $16.45 per hour effective January 1, 2022.
It's easy to complete IHSS timesheets online. Click here to get started.
For information and training about eTimesheets, visit the CDSS ESP Help webpage.
CDSS - IHSS Provider Resources
The State of California Department of Social Services has a number of self-help materials on their website for IHSS care providers. Click here to learn more.
1. Want to learn more about Covid-19 and how it relates to care providing? CareAcademy offers a free certification course. Click here to learn more.
2. Collabria Care offers training and resources for care providers throughout the year. Click here to learn more.
Finding support is just a click away
1. Collabria Care offers support groups for care providers. Click here to learn more.
Private Caregiver Registration
Napa County has a local ordinance that requires private caregivers register through the State's Home Care Aide Registry.
Please note, you only need to register if:
1. You are a private caregiver working for pay, AND
2. You are caring for someone not receiving IHSS services, AND
3. You are providing care outside of an agency.
If this applies to you, please click here to get started.