Appeal - Cuvaison Winery
This project is necessary as a result of Cuvaison, Inc. selling its Calistoga facility. More office space is necessary to relocate the existing employees to the Carneros facility. Also, some of the visitation and marketing activities that were occurring in Calistoga need to move to the Carneros winery to accommodate long-established customers such as wine club members. This application proposes to construct a 2,860 square feet office within the existing winery area. No exterior improvements are proposed, and no increase in the existing 340,000 gallons per year of production is proposed. The operational characteristics are proposed to change as follows:
- An increase in employees from 10 full-time with 12 during harvest to 28 full-time and 24 during harvest.
- An increase in daily tours and tastings by appointment from a maximum of 75 per day to 180 per day.
- An increase in weekly visitation from a maximum of 75 to 840.
- Amend the tasting room hours from 10 a.m. through 5 p.m., to 10 a.m. through 7 p.m.
- Establish a marketing plan as follows:
- 24 annual events with up to 60 guests
- 13 annual events with up to 200 guests
- A wine auction event with up to 200 guests
- Allow consumption of wine by the glass or bottle on the outside patio.
- Application: P16-00146
- Project Number: P16-00146
- Project Class: Winery
- Related Applications:
- Parcel: 047-125-005-000
1221 Duhig Road
Napa, CA 94558
Documents related to the appeal of P16-00416
- Notice of Intent to Appeal
- Appeal Packet Maps
- Mailing Labels
- 1. Cuvaison Appeal Memo-3.23.2018
- 2. Cuvaison Appeal Packet 02-07-2018
- 3. Cuvaison Winery - PW memo_09-27-2017
- 4. PC 8B - Board Letter for Cuvaison UPMM
- 5. PC 8B.B - Recommended COA and memos
- 6. PC 8B.C - Previous Project Conditions
- 7. PC 8B.D - IS and ND
- 8. PC 8B.E - Use Permit Application Packet
- 9. PC 8B.F - Road Exception Request and PW Determination
- 10. PC 8B.I - Traffic Study
- 11. PC 8B.J - Graphics
- 12. PC 8B.M - Cuvaison Corresp 1-16-2018 (Added after posting)
- 13. PC 8B.N – Approval Letter and Final Conditions of Approval